St. Norbert College Deposited Student Checklist
Congratulations and welcome to the St. Norbert College Class of 2020! We’re excited that you’ll be joining the St. Norbert College community. To make sure you’re prepared to begin classes in August, we’ve developed this checklist to help you stay on track with what you need to do before then.
If you have questions as you’re completing it between now and the school year, please contact the office of admission at 800-236-4878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Activate Your SNC Network and Email Accounts
Official correspondence and confirmations for future programs and activities from the college will switch to your SNC email now that you have deposited. To activate your student email:
- Go to snc.edu/pw and click “activate your account.”
- Enter your 9-digit SNC student ID number, birth date and the last four digits of your SSN.
- If you get an error message, enter the last four digits of your SNC student ID number in place of the last four digits of your social security number (SSN).
- Once your account is activated, log in to your SNC email account; SNC email is hosted by Google.
- Your email username is your entire SNC email address (e.g., email@example.com); your email password is your SNC network password.
- You will use this network username/password to complete your housing application, log in to campus computers, and complete your writing placement test.
2. Register for Housing
After you’ve submitted your deposit, you can register for housing, assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Housing is guaranteed for all first-year students. SNC is a residential campus, which means that all students live on campus unless formally released by the office of residential education and housing.
- To apply for housing or to be released from the housing requirement, go to snc.edu/go/housingapplication. Online registration for housing opens Dec. 1.
- Log in to the housing application using your SNC network username and password (see #1 above).
- Housing priority is based on the date of deposit; you’ll be notified of your housing assignment in late July.
3. Log In to KnightLine
KnightLine is the secure student portal through which you will access your financial aid and more. You will not need to access this system until Jan., when financial aid packages become available.
- Go to snc.edu/knightline and select “Enter Secure Area.”
- Enter your 9-digit SNC student ID number (include zeros).
- Enter the temporary KnightLine password you received in your email (received Jan. 1); you’ll then be prompted to create a new password, and your temporary password will expire.
4. Complete the Student Enrollment Form
The information that you provide on the student enrollment form will be used by a variety of offices at St. Norbert College to assist you throughout your college career, including matching you with a temporary academic advisor during summer orientation.
5. Register for Summer Orientation
- Summer orientation is mandatory for all first-year students; registration can only be completed online and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration opens on Feb. 1. First-year student orientation sessions for 2017 are: June 7-8; June 9-10; June 13-14; June 15-16; and Aug. 24.
- For more information about orientation, visit snc.edu/go/summerorientation.
- To register for orientation, log in to KnightLine (see #2 above).
6. Complete the Writing Placement Essay
To be placed in the correct writing-intensive class at St. Norbert, all students will need to complete a timed essay on one of two topics.
7. Fulfill the Student Laptop Requirement
Recognizing the important role that technology plays in today's world, we require that all incoming students own a laptop. Learn more about the laptop requirement at snc.edu/go/laptop.
8. Submit Your Final Transcripts
Request your final high school transcripts after you've graduated, and any college transcripts, prior to summer orientation. Your school can send those directly to the admission office.
9. Submit Your AP or IB Credits
To receive college credit, you must have your official scores sent to St. Norbert College. To find out which courses transfer, go to snc.edu/admission/advancedcredit.html.
10. Submit Your Health Forms
Provide your health history, immunization and insurance information prior to summer orientation so that we can partner in your health care. Health forms will be available in early May.
11. Services for Students With Disabilities
If you need academic or access accommodations due to a documented disability, complete the disability notification form. You'll receive more information from the academic support services office following the submission of this form.