We Invite You to ApplyWe warmly welcome applications from international students. It is fundamental to the mission of our institution to provide a global educational experience for all students.
- You are currently studying in the United States with a student (F-1 or J-1) visa in high school, college/university or an English language program (ESL).
- You are an American dual citizen who has received the majority of your secondary education outside the United States.
- You intend to enter the United States with a student (F-1 or J-1) visa.
We review applications at all times throughout the academic year on a rolling basis. St. Norbert is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
How to Apply
Here are the steps necessary for completing your application:
- Complete the application for admission.
- Include a copy of your passport “identification page.”
- Submit your secondary school transcripts with an English translation.
- If you have completed any university, include your university transcripts. Transfer credit will only be based on an official evaluation by either ECE or WES. The cost is approximately $150 USD.
- Complete the financial application and attach supporting financial statements with an English translation.
- Include your official TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL minimum scores are pbt 550 and ibt 80. IELTS score 6.5 composite. Note: Students who graduate from an English-only secondary school or an IB program may be waived from TOEFL or IELTS requirements based on academic records. For more information, please see our English Proficiency page. Our TOEFL code is 1706.
- Submit SAT or ACT scores as supplements to an application, they’re not required (SAT code 1706; ACT code 4644).
- Complete the writing sample section on the application without assistance.
You may submit your application materials electronically for faster processing, but you will need to provide original documents for your U.S. visa interview and once you arrive on campus.
Once we have received all of your application materials, we will provide you with our admission decision in approximately two weeks.
You can submit your application and financial documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, through Google docs, by fax at +1-920-403-4083 or by post:
St. Norbert College, Center for International Education, 100 Grant Street, De Pere, WI 54115, USA.
If you are admitted, you will need to provide St. Norbert College with a letter from your or your sponsor's bank that states sufficient funds are available to pay for you to attend St. Norbert College for one year. The U.S. government requires this for St. Norbert to issue you an I-20.
What is an I-20?
An I-20 is a legal document and the first step in applying for a U.S. student visa.
But I am Getting Money From ____________ (My Government; a Foundation; a Scholarship).
If you are receiving funding from your government or through a scholarship, submit a letter on the agency letterhead stating your name, the amount you are receiving and the duration of the funding (1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years).
Gain the Advantage
Once you have completed your application, start working on obtaining this financial support documentation from your bank, government agency or foundation. While you are getting that ready to send to St. Norbert, we will be calculating your grades, scholarships and grants. We will contact you with your admission decision and tell you how much in scholarships and grants you will be receiving. You and your family will then know how much it will cost you to attend St. Norbert. This is the amount of money you need to demonstrate in your financial documents. You may scan your bank letter to email@example.com.
You will be sent an official acceptance letter, your I-20 and instructions on obtaining your student visa.
If you do not have a TOEFL or IELTS score or if your score does not meet our requirements for direct admission ( 80itb 6.5 IELTS) but all of your other admission criteria is met, you may apply to St. Norbert through conditional admission and St. Norbert College's English as a Second Language Institute ( ESLI).
Upon successful completion of the St. Norbert College ESLI program, you will be admitted to the undergraduate program without having to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations. Admission requirements are the same as those listed above for non-conditional admission.
What We Look For
This is what we look for in a successful international student application:
1. Recommended high school coursework
- Four years of English studies, or in student's first language
- Three or more years of history/ social sciences
- Three or more years of mathematics
- Three or more years of science
2. Extracurricular, leadership, athletics,music, theater art and service involvement
St. Norbert College encourages development of the whole student. If you have been involved in activities outside the classroom throughout your secondary school experience, please include that in your application materials. Let us know what you have taken part in, where you have taken a leadership role, and where you have had an opportunity to volunteer outside of the classroom.
3. Recommendation(s) from secondary school counselors, teachers or professors
4. Advanced Placement (AP) classes and International Baccalaureate (IB) candidates
Student records submitted to St. Norbert College become the property of the Center for International Education and cannot be returned, copied or released to a third party.