The Warmest Place on Earth … Really!If you think we’re only all about the world-champion Green Bay Packers, think again. De Pere and Greater Green Bay are brimming with tons of off-campus recreation, entertainment and cultural possibilities.
Located on a bend of the Fox River, De Pere boasts gorgeous river views, boutique-style shopping, lively restaurants and many opportunities for outdoor recreation. The Fox River Trail runs through the city and extends along the river through downtown Green Bay. The 25-mile trail is a haven for walkers, bicyclists, runners and rollerbladers. Walleye fishermen say we have some of the region’s best waters. And visitors to the area say we have some of the warmest, loyal people. We hope you agree.
Five minutes north of De Pere, Green Bay is loaded with additional opportunity.
Might we suggest you:
- Visit the Neville Public Museum, Heritage Hill State Historical Park, National Railroad Museum or the Children’s Museum of Green Bay.
- Watch local and national live entertainment at the Resch Center, Brown County Arena, Meyer Theatre or Weidner Center.
- Encounter critters from around the globe at the NEW Zoo and the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Cheer on the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field or visit the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame.
- See the latest new releases on one of the local big screens.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Bay Park Square, home to more than 100 stores and eateries.
- Take a tour of the Green Bay Botanical Gardens or one of our local wineries.
- Discover the thrills at Bay Beach Amusement Park.
- Enjoy one of the area’s cultural and culinary festivals.
- Try your luck at Oneida Bingo and Casino.
If that doesn’t keep you busy, we are conveniently nestled just two hours from Milwaukee, two hours from Madison, three hours from Chicago and 4.5 hours from the Twin Cities. Austin Straubel International Airport is just 10 minutes from campus and is served by five major airlines.
One of the Best Communities for Young People
Did we mention that the Greater Green Bay area has been named by America’s Promise Alliance as one of the 100 best communities in the U.S. for younger people?