All offices offering an internship opportunity must submit an application for EVERY internship position prior to the deadline listed below. Only applications received prior to these dates will be eligible for approval. All applications will be reviewed by the On-Campus Internship Advisory Committee to determine whether the position qualifies as an internship, or if it is better suited as a student worker position.
Once approved, there is no need to resubmit applications for identical positions in the future. However, positions that were previously approved can be re-evaluated at any time by the Career Services Office or the On-Campus Internship Advisory Committee. New internship applications that were not previously accepted will be reviewed by the On-Campus Internship Advisory Committee every semester as long as they are submitted by the deadline.
In addition, every intern needs to submit a new internship learning agreement to the Career Services Office for each academic year and summer they intern, regardless of whether their site remains the same. In these cases, learning goals should reflect increased complexity and challenges.
Goals of the process:
- To create clear guidelines differentiating on-campus internships from student worker positions.
- To ensure that all on-campus internships are paraprofessional in nature and that offices and individual supervisors are willing and able to put in the work, time, dedication, and proper supervision to provide a quality internship experience.
- To ensure that, for those positions that retain the title of “intern”, that:
- The student has intentional and meaningful learning goals and objectives, as outlined on a learning agreement.
- The supervisor is willing to support and provide opportunities for quality internship experiences, signified by their signature on the learning agreement and by submission of an internship application. Supervisors will assist interns with the establishment of learning objectives and support the attainment of those objectives.
- If requested, the supervisor is open to site visits by the Internship Coordinator or Faculty Sponsor.
- Evaluations are completed at the end of each semester by both the supervisor and intern. Supervisors will provide consistent and appropriate feedback through informal and formal evaluations.
Internship Application Deadlines:
There are no deadlines for submitting internship applications. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Applications that have been previously approved (see link to chart below) do not need to re-apply for identical positions in the future. However, previously approved positions can be re-evaluated at any time by the Career Services Office or the On-Campus Internship Advisory Committee. A new application is needed if a supervisor would ever want to apply for additional internship positions.
On-Campus Internship Applications
Advertising Approved Positions
To allow equal access, it is recommended that you post approved internship positions for student viewing on the Financial Aid website.
Guidelines and Requirements for Hiring Interns
In addition to following the Guidelines and Requirements for Hiring Interns, On-Campus Internship Supervisors also need to submit a student labor form to Financial Aid so the intern position can be set up with payroll. Career Services will make a copy of approved learning agreements for the Financial Aid Office. Please submit learning agreements within a few days of the student's start date so that the student receives their internship pay.
To be eligible for on-campus internships, students must be enrolled at
least half-time (6 or more credits) in
undergraduate studies. Current students offered summer on-campus
internships must be enrolled at least half-time during the subsequent
fall term in
Approved On-Campus Internships
Click here to view a list of all approved On-Campus Internships.
For more information about internships, contact:
Phone: (920) 403-3040
Fax: (920) 403-4052