Career Services invites you to become a member of Career Connections. The system provides opportunities for you to become involved with career development programs and services that connect current students and alumni with the world around them.
Through workshops and one-on-one strategy sessions, students are encouraged to participate in informational interviewing or job-shadowing through Career Connections. These opportunities allow students to observe professionals in their place of work and to learn first-hand about organizational cultures, field trends, typical work responsibilities and career preparation.
Participation in these activities can lead to greater clarity when making decisions about academic course work, internship participation, graduate school preparation and career choices after college.
Click here for Career Connections login and job posting instructions.
Click here for Employer Policies.
It truly does take a village to raise a child. Similarly, it takes an active and dedicated partnership composed of Career Services staff members, current students, alumni, employers and campus community members to provide a nurturing career foundation for St. Norbert’s undergraduates and graduates.
What do you give?
This program encourages you to dig deep—not into your wallet, but into your most valuable resource—yourself! We ask you to:
- keep your eyes open and ears to the ground for internship and full-time position opportunities
- share your story with an undergraduate student who may be inspired by your path
- share your expertise and participate in our programs and services
Areas of participation
1. Become a Career Contact
Networking continues to be a valuable way for students and alumni to explore career and professional fields while learning about opportunities. Through participation in the
Career Contact Program, students and alumni will be encouraged to contact you regarding:
- academic majors you pursued and the value of a liberal arts education
- graduate programs you have completed
- regions of the country where you have lived
- career fields in which you are employed and organizations for which you work
- any advice you might offer regarding internships, job search strategies and other career-related issues
2. Participate in hands-on programs
Students value your participation in our hands-on programs because you can give them a real world view. We encourage your involvement in events such as:
- Networking programs
- Mock (practice) interview events
- Presentations on topics including resume/cover letter writing, interview skills, finding a job or internship and transitioning to the workplace
3. Act as a referral resource
If you know of full-time employment, internship or summer job opportunities, please notify us so that we may pass along the word to interested students and alumni.
4. Hire St. Norbert College students
Hire a St. Norbert student or graduate for full-time employment or an internship. Every year employers visit or contact Career Services hoping to meet qualified and talented individuals who can fill their vacancies. Career Services constantly looks to diversify and publicize quality opportunities for our job and internship-seeking candidates.