|(Students, faculty and staff)
Dodgeball Intramurals at St. Norbert College
All pool games will be played at the Knight Owl Café, located in the lower level of the Pennings Activity Center (PAC).
- Six players are allowed on the court per team.
- Teams will alternate sides after each match. Best of 3 match games will be played.
- A 7-minute time limit has been established for each game.
- Each team is allowed one time out per match. Teams may substitute players during a time out.
Beginning the game
- Prior to the start of the game, an equal number of dodgeballs (6) are placed along the centerline. Players then take a position behind their end line. Following a signal by the official, teams may approach the centerline to retrieve the balls. If balls remain on the centerline after a team has retrieved and moved the balls beyond the attach line, either team may retrieve those balls.
- Each and every ball retrieved at the opening rush must first be taken beyond the attack line and into the team's backcourt before it may be legally thrown at an opponent.
- The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them out. An out is scored by:
- Hitting an opposing player with a live thrown ball below the shoulders, (note: if a player ducks, and this clearly is the cause for the player being hit above the shoulders, the player is out and the throw is legal)
- Catching a live ball thrown by an opponent
- Causing an opponent to drop a live ball as a result of contact by another thrown live ball (usually occurs when a ball is being used to block a thrown ball)
- An opposing players steps out of bounds
- A ball that is thrown that strikes, or is caught by an opposing player before contacting the ground, another player or ball is considered a live ball.
- A player may block a thrown ball with a ball being held provided the held ball is not dropped as a result of the contact with the thrown ball. (A ball deflected off a held ball and striking the holder is no longer a live ball)
- The first team to legally eliminate all opposing players will be declared the winner. If neither team has been eliminated at the end of regulation, the team with the greatest number of remaining players will be declared the winner.
- In all overtime periods, the first team to legally eliminate any one opponent will be declared the winner. A 3 minute overtime rule is in effect.
- A team trailing during a regulation game must be given the opportunity to eliminate an opposing player. This requires a ball to be at the disposal of the trailing team. It is illegal for the leading team to control all the balls for more than 5 seconds. If the leading team controls the balls they must make a legitimate effort to get at least one ball across the the attack line and into the opponent's backcourt. If this is not done within 5 seconds, a violation will be called. A team may avoid a 5 second violation by throwing or rolling a ball into the opponent's backcourt. This does not mean throwing the bal over and through an opponent's end line.
| Quick links:
Free agent list
Phone: (920) 403-4014
Fax: (920) 403-4017
St. Norbert College • 100 Grant Street • De Pere, WI 54115-2099 • 920-337-3181
© 1996-2013 • All rights reserved worldwide.