|(Students, faculty and staff)
Flag Football Intramurals at St. Norbert College
- Each team is allowed 6 players on the field. Player positions consist of 1 quarterback, 2 posts, 1 center and 2 wide receivers. All players are eligible receivers once the play starts.
- The two posts must be no further than five yards from the line of scrimmage.
- Once the posts move their feet the rusher can go between them.
- The posts may not block, they are to remain stationary.
- Quarterback can run the ball only if being rushed.
- Quarterback can only take off once the rushers have passed the line of scrimmage.
Length of game
- Two 20 minute halves.
- 5 minute halftime
- During the last two minutes of the second half the clock will stop on dead ball situations (incomplete passes, out of bounds, etc.)
- In case of a tie, each team will get four downs from the half-line.
- If both teams score, the team that has scored in the least amount of downs wins.
- If neither team scores, the team that has advance the ball the farthest wins.
- If an interception occurs in overtime, the intercepting team can run the ball back and the yardage they gain will be subtracted from that of the intercepted team. For example: Team A has gained 20 yards in the first two downs of OT. On their third down, Team A is intercepted by Team B. Team returns the ball 10 yards has their flag removed. Team A now only has 10 yards recorded.
- Each team has one time-outs per half. Time-outs last for no more than 1 minute.
- TD = 6 points. Extra point played from 2 yard line=1 point. While an extra point attempt from 10 yards is worth 2 points. Teams must play for the extra point, there will be no free extra points given out.
- Holding is not permitted, either while attempting to grab flags or to retard another player until flag can be taken by another.
- A 15 yard penalty is assessed for holding.
- Kickoff is from kicker’s quarter line and will be marked from now on.
- Kickoff must be thrown
- You may onside kick, however you must catch it. The receiving team may fair catch the ball, with no interference.
- Each team has 4 downs to cross half field.
- Once half field is crossed the team gets a new set of downs to reach the end zone.
- Defensive players may not push the ball carriers out of bounds.
- No attempt at the flag will result 10-yd Penalty.
| Quick links:
Free agent list
Phone: (920) 403-4014
Fax: (920) 403-4017
St. Norbert College • 100 Grant Street • De Pere, WI 54115-2099 • 920-337-3181
© 1996-2013 • All rights reserved worldwide.