|(Students, faculty and staff)
A VERY GOOD YEAR: 1982
Out in the world:
- The Vietnam War Memorial in Washington, D.C., was dedicated.
- Top five Billboard hits: “Ebony and Ivory” by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder; “Chariots of Fire” by Vangellis; “Don’t Talk to Strangers” by Rick Springfield; “I love Rock ’n Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts; “867-5309/Jenny” by Tommy Tutone.
- Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.30.
- St. Louis Cardinals beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4 games to 3 in the World Series.
- “Joanie Loves Chachi” was a top sitcom. 25 years later its star Scott Baio is back on TV in “Scott Baio ... 45 and Single.” Another top-rated show?
Kate Noth ’82 (representing Kappa Chi) is crowned homecoming queen.
- The Winter Carnival theme was "Cartoon Capers," and there was enough snow to sculpt 10-foot high structures.
- The Swinging Knights covered Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond and songs from “Fame.”
- You may have scheduled your classes around “General Hospital.”
- J.R’s Untidy Josephs instead of Sloppy Joes.
- Movies in Van Dyke Gym.
Fond memories ...
- Owning an original Rubik’s cube.
- One word: Izod.
- “Alternative” music that actually was ...
- Being a “wannabe”—Madonna, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, whoever.
- “Where’s the beef?”
- Max Headroom.
- Leg warmers and headbands.
- Jordache jeans with a flat-handle comb in the back pocket.
- Jelly bracelets and shoes.
- Hair that defied gravity.
- Life before MTV.
- Wishing you could Moonwalk.
- Knowing how to use a rotary phone, owning an Atari game system, being baffled (then and now) by the Day-Glo clothing trend.
Now it's up to you! If you would like to be a part of planning your class’s 25th anniversary reunion, or just want to know more about what's in the works,contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations.
Office of Communications
Phone: (920) 403-3557
Fax: (920) 403-4010
St. Norbert College • 100 Grant Street • De Pere, WI 54115-2099 • 920-337-3181
© 1996-2013 • All rights reserved worldwide.