Help Our Students Soar … by Taking Them Under Your WingThe Career Mentor Program provides opportunities for students and alumni to interact with professionals from career fields that interest them.
As a career mentor, you can make a big difference with a modest commitment of time. Simply reply to the occasional email from a student or alum about:
- Your day-to-day on-the-job responsibilities.
- What you enjoy and don't enjoy about your responsibilities or career field.
- Academic major(s) and graduate/professional programs you have completed.
- The career paths you've pursued.
- Current trends and issues in your field.
- Suggestions on how they might best prepare for a specific career field.
- The value of a liberal arts degree in the world of work.
- Any advice you might have regarding internships, job search strategies and graduate and professional school.