Resources for StudentsAn important thing you need to know about Counseling and Psychological Services: no one outside our office would know you were receiving services unless you told them.
We follow the same privacy laws as most healthcare organizations in that we must report child abuse or elder abuse and any imminent risk of harm to self or others. If you have any questions about this, please contact us for more information. Rest assured we take your privacy very seriously.
Here are a few more things that you may want to know:
- We provide counseling services free of charge, as it is included in the student health fee.
- The average number of sessions for SNC students receiving counseling is between three and six meetings.
- We primarily use active, problem-solving approaches to help you figure out ways to better manage situations.
- We see students in all years (first through senior year).
- We see students with anxiety, depression, academic pressures, anger, alcohol, drug, relationship and many other issues.
- Both female and male staff are available.
- Our staff has 60+ years of experience helping people find ways to cope with situations in their lives.