Open Positions at the Cassandra Voss Center
Cassandra Voss Center Graphic Designer
Oversee design and production of creative digital, print, and promotional media for Cassandra Voss Center (CVC) programming, advertising, and online presence in cooperation with student PR and Media coordinators and full-time staff. Work in collaborative, fast-paced, PR-savvy environment with opportunities for collaboration with professional designers on local and national campaigns. Designer will push the limits visually beyond typical campus media, creating material that looks and feels different, and can be promoted in various forms including video, posters, social media, buttons, shirts, etc. The Cassandra Voss Center Graphic Designer will promote the mission and vision of the CVC through modern, innovative design that intrigues and inspires, helping to further develop the brand, image, and general aesthetic of the Center. 10-12 hours/ week. Starting at $7.25/ hr. Opportunity for multiple-year position.
Duties & Responsibilities
Design and Production
- Design and produce graphic pieces for web and print
- Collaborate with Full-Time CVC Staff to establish design aesthetic
- Collaborate with student Media and PR coordinators to plan and distribute design on campus, in the community, and online in various forms
- Work with Print Center to determine design specifications, cutting, ordering
- Cooperate with outside agencies to produce promotional products including buttons, shirts, etc.
- Occasionally assist in program events as requested (chair setup, ushering, etc)
- Attend CVC events and programs as requested
- Attend weekly staff meetings, occasional training and development in-services and professional development opportunities as requested, some of which may occur on evenings and weekends.
- Complete additional duties to be determined in consultation with supervisor
Strong, alternative design aesthetic and experience in Adobe Suite. Ability to take ownership and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility; positivity; willingness to learn; strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent time management and organizational skills. Skills in photography, web design, video, or painting & drawing a plus. Please view past CVC posters at snc.edu/cvc for examples.