Global Student-Teaching: Expenses & Fees
It will be helpful to the family and the student in planning for student-teaching abroad to project a working budget and estimated travel costs. Students are encouraged to seek advice from students who have returned from from abroad and visit a travel agency in order to get a better idea about the cost of living abroad.
Remember that the budget is driven mainly by the cost of air travel.
The director of the global student-teaching program will be happy to provide suggestions and advice on important matters. In addition, there are many useful web pages and books that can help in estimating costs, and finding student rates on air travel, passports, admission, vaccination, health and safety.
Suggested Average Budget (for St. Norbert College Students):
- Airfare: $750 (minimum), $2,000 (maximum)
- Internal travels while abroad: $500 (minimum), $2,000 (maximum)
- Technology: $250 (minimum), $500 (maximum)
- Room and Board: $1,750-$2,000 (minimum), $3,000-$4,000 (maximum)
- Miscellaneous: $400 (minimum), $700 (maximum)
TOTAL: $3,650-$3,900 (minimum), $8,200-$9,200 (maximum)
* Remember, you have control regarding your expenses. This is only a suggested budget to assist in planning.