Model Student Résumé
City, State, Zip Code
St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wis., anticipated graduation May 2017
-Junior pursuing B.A. degree in English secondary education certification in
English/language arts; GPA: 4.0
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Sigma Tau Delta (National English Honor Society) Study Abroad Scholarship, 2015
- Best Essay on the Common Reader
- Sigma Tau Delta National Convention 2005, Kansas City, Mo.
- St. Norbert College “Nubbie” Award for Leadership and Service, Spring 2004 and 2005
- National Italian American Foundation “Gift of Discovery Tour” scholarship, June 2004
- Phi Delta Kappa Scholarship for future teachers, spring 2016
- St. Norbert Trustee Scholarship for Academic Achievement, spring 2016
- Membership in National Residence Hall Honorary, spring 2015
- Recognizes top 1 percent of leaders on college campuses
- State Champion Trophy for Special Occasion Speaking and Original Oratory
- Wisconsin Forensics Coaches’ Association Tournament 2010-2014
- Yearbook is My Life: An Editors’ Roundtable, National Scholastic Press Association/Journalism Educators of America Fall 2015 National Convention, Chicago, Ill.
- Jamaica Kincaid’s “Lucy” and the Journey Towards a Genderist Self
- Sigma Tau Delta National Convention 2015, Kansas City, Mo.
- Part of a panel presentation on Caribbean women’s fiction
Intern, Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society, St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wis. (present)
- Assist English Department in sorting, filing, reviewing, and selecting of literary works for publication in The Sigma Tau Delta Review
- Create educational programs for college-age residents
- Coordinate service events
- Uphold and enforce college policy, maintain safety in residence halls
- Assisted Herff Jones Yearbook representatives with set-up and organization of a five-day summer camp for high school yearbook students
- Served campers as counselor and resident assistant
- Taught classes in yearbook design and editorial leadership
- Substituted for an elementary school librarian
- Assisted students with locating and borrowing books
- Assisted students with locating and borrowing library materials
- Worked with computer, printer, copier, microfilm and internet databases
- Organized and maintained bookshelves
Survivorship chair, SNC Colleges Against Cancer (Oct. 2015-present)
- Collaborate with other Colleges Against Cancer members and local American Cancer Society office to create cancer awareness and prevention programs across campus.
- Responsible for recording minutes at weekly meetings.
- Communicate with campus leadership to inform community about group events.
- Collaborated with other college students to create and present monthly catechism lessons to middle school students.
- Organized monthly activities for residents, such as a patio party and ice cream social.
- Worked with other council members to produce the most successful hall council organization on campus.