Office of Faculty Development Resources
Each year's Annual Report details the programs offered by the Office of Faculty Development that occurred in that particular year. Also included are lessons learned offering directions for future programming.
New Acquisitions of Texts in the Resource Center (acquired spring/summer 2012)
New Acquisitions of Texts in the Resource Center (acquired spring/summer 2011)
One of the director's primary functions is to offer individual consultation to colleagues seeking advice and information on professional, curricular, instructional and personal concerns. All individual consultation is done on a voluntary and confidential basis.
The Faculty Development Resource Center (Boyle Hall, Room 320) serves several functions:
- Access to a wide variety of professional materials including nearly 1,800 full-length works treating a wide variety of pedagogical, curricular, and professional matters catalogued and cross-referenced by author, title, and subject for easy access
- Serves as a reading room for faculty wishing to take advantage of the Center's collection of texts, bound articles, and journals
- Carries subscriptions to several periodicals, newspapers, source books and newsletters, including: Catholic Education, The Journal of Higher Education, Liberal Education, The Teaching Professor, Diverse Issues in Higher Education, New Directions for Teaching and Learning, New Directions for Higher Education, Women in Higher Education and The Journal of Faculty Development
- Serves as a viewing room for those who wish to preview videotapes and DVDs
- Working area for the office manager of faculty development and research assistants
- Copies of successful in-house grant applications (e.g., Faculty Development Fund, Summer Grants Program, Fund for Pedagogical Development, and Student-Faculty Development Endowment Fund), sabbatical proposals, first-year review essays, promotion essays, and videotapes of the Faculty Development Conferences.