Outside scholarships are scholarships through organizations or groups outside of the college, who have sent their information to the Office of Financial Aid for distribution. Unless otherwise noted, information and applications are available in the Office of Financial Aid, Todd Wehr Hall Room 136.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Military Education Scholarship Program
Wisconsin Laboratory Association Scholarship
- The Wisconsin Laboratory Association is offering two $1,000 scholarships for 2013. To be considered, students must meet the following requirements.
- Be an Undergraduate or Graduate University student
- Be enrolled in a curriculum that will enable them to pursue a career in a non-medical laboratory related field and have a 3.0 or hugher GPA
- All applicants MUST submit the following three pieces of information to the Scholarship Committee to be considered:
1. A completed WLA application form
2. A current transcript from the school the student is presently attending;
3. Two letters of recommendation from the student's instructors.
- Applications and support documentation due August 1, 2013
- Applications are available in the Office of Financial Aid - TWH 136
Thomas B and Grace Stevenson Jones Scholarship
- Students residing in the Wisconsin counties of Grant, Iowa and Lafayette are eligible.
- Scholarships are available for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Scholarships will range from $1,500 to $3,000 for students enrolled or accepted in a duly accredited four year college or university in Wisconsin.
- All application materials, including letter of recommendation, must be postmarked no later than March 1st prior to the academic year for which aid is being requested.
- Applications are available on the NB & T website.
Delta Nu Alpha Scholarship - Greater Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter 317
Wisconsin Troopers' Association, Inc. Memorial Scholarship
- Open to all students studying in the field of Transportation, Logistics, Business or related fields.
- Students pursuing Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degrees are encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be judged based upon Scholastic Achievement, Overall Career Goals and related interest in Logistics and Recommendations
- Deadline to apply is May 1 of each year
- Applications available in the Financial Aid Office - Todd Wehr Hall 136
Police Corps Scholarship
- Wisconsin residents enrolled in a two or four year degree program with a MAJOR in criminal justice, police science, or any law enforcement related field.
- Applicant must have earned at least 50% of the credits necessary to earn a degree in their law enforcement related field, prior to applying for this scholarship.
- The association will award six (6) $300 scholarships
- Applicant must apply for the scholarship between November 1 and December 15 of each year
- Applications available in the Financial Aid Office - Todd Wehr Hall 136
- Open to students in four year college programs who are interested in serving four years as a community police officer after graduation.
- Applications are available on their website
- Deadline: December 2 of each year
Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarships
- Pre-medical, Pre-optometry, and Pre-dental school students:
- For further information contact: LCDR Esther Morales: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hmong Mutual Assistance Association of Sheboygan Scholarship
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card, or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required on a 4.0 scale
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the FAFSA
- Awards range from $1,000 to $2,500
- More details about programs, deadlines and applications are available on the website
American Chemical Society
- Must be enrolled at an accredited technical college, 4-year college or university
- Must be a resident of Sheboygan County
- Must be a member of the Hmong Community
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- For more information and an application, please contact: 2304 Superior Ave., Sheboygan, WI 53081
Wisconsin Mathematics Council Scholarship
- African American, Hispanic/Latino or American Indian
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Full-time student at an accredited college, university or community college
- High academic achiever in chemistry or science (GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Able to demonstrate evidence of financial need according to FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- High school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to, or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically related science and planning a career in the chemical sciences or chemical technology
- Students planning careers in medicine or pharmacy are not eligible for this program
- Students must complete an application form, provide the financial need document referred to as a SAR (Student Aid Report), submit transcripts and required letters of recommendations. Only complete application files will be considered by the Selection Committee.
- Scholarships are for up to $2,500 for freshmen and up to $3,000 for sophomores, juniors and seniors per academic year. Scholarships are renewable for all four or five years of an undergraduate degree so long as the student maintains a GPA of 3.0 in an approved major. Renewal forms and transcripts are required each year.
- The application form is available on the American Chemical Society's website
- Deadline for submitting applications is March 1 annually.
The Jaycees of Wisconsin Foundation, Inc. - Denise Bertucci Memorial Scholarship
- Must be a legal Wisconsin resident
- Must be currently enrolled in a Wisconsin public or private teacher education program
- Must be currently enrolled in or have already completed a course in methods of teaching mathematics, and
- Currently have a GPA or at least 3.0 (B average) or better
- Award is: $1,500
- Applications are available on the website
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age, having returned to school after at least two years off.
- Applicant must be a continuing student with at least two semesters of school completed since returning to school. (Summer school does not apply and student must be enrolled in upcoming term.)
- Applicant must be attending a Wisconsin post-secondary institution pursuing a minimum of a two-year undergraduate program.
- The student must be a full-time student as defined by the school in which they are enrolled.
- The applicant must have a 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale. A transcript of grades must be included in the application packet.
- Three letters of recommendation (limited to one page per letter) must be included in the application packet.
- Answers to questions must be typewritten.
- For more info or questions, contact the scholarship committee by e-mail at: email@example.com
- Deadline is June 30 of each year.
- Applications are available here
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
- Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 6th year.
- We will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
- The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essay topic: What have you done outside the classroom that demonstrates qualities sought after by the post secondary institution that you are hoping to attend? Also, which of these qualities means the most to you?
- Please include the name and location of the school you are presently attending.
- Deadline is June 14, 2013
- Scholarship website can be found here
Great Lakes STEM Scholarships
- For students majoring in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) disciplines
- $2,500 scholarships available under the new Great Lakes National Scholarship Program
- Up to 750 scholarships totaling $1.875 million will be awarded to new and continuing students who qualify
- For more information or to apply, visit the website
Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship
- Two $2,000 cash scholarships will be awarded
- One scholarship will be awarded in the fall, another in the spring
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of
members of the Buildium Marketing team, with input from other teams. The
decision of the committee will be based on originality and quality of
- Submission deadlines: October 1, 2013 (fall) and April 1, 2014 (spring)
- Winners will be notified via email by October 31, 2013 and April 30, 2014
- For more information or to apply, visit the website.
Updated: Tuesday August 26, 2013