St. Norbert Geology Club
St. Norbert has an active geology club, with geology majors taking time to listen to speakers and go on field trips throughout the year. We also host an annual mineral sale the week before finals. If you are interested in geology, feel free to stop by our next meeting!
- President: Grant Zwiefelhofer ’15
- Vice President: Andrew Schwoerer ’15
- Secretary: Bailey Anderson ’16
- Treasurer: Genevieve Vandervelden ’15
Sept. 23, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. in GMS 1052
Senior geology major Andrew Schwoerer will talk about is experiences this summer participating in a National Science Foundation - Research Experience for Undergraduates program. Andrew spent the summer doing research on volcanoes in Arizona.
- monthly meetings
- mineral sale every December (photo below)
- current students talk about their summer experiences
- field camp
- research experiences
- geology-related jobs
- Eric Carson, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey
- Esther Steward, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey
- Dr. Kathy Licht, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Dr. Ed Evenson, Lehigh University
- Jackie Marciulionis, AECOM
- trip to the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago (photo below)
- trip to the Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey's core repository (photo below)
- trip to the Oshkosh Earth Science Club’s mineral show
- travel to the national meeting of the Geological Society of America
- bowling night
- excursion to see Jurassic Park 3D
- end of the year cookout
Photos of Past Events
Each December, geology students host a mineral sale to raise money for the Geology Club. These funds help pay for trips, like those below.
February 2012: SNC Geology Club travels to the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago.
March 2013: St. Norbert geology students get a tour of the Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey’s core repository.