SNC’s On TrackSNC’s On Track is all about walking and being physically active.
We invite you to join us for our next program, beginning in Spring 2015.
This program will utilize the American Heart Association’s “Start Walking Now“ activity tracker. After participants have registered for the program, they will have access to:
- Activity tracker – an easy-to-use physical activity and nutrition tracker.
- My walking plan – a personalized walking plan to get you on your way to a healthier you.
- Create your own walking paths and sharing them with others.
You can learn about events and other important information in Student Health 101 or by visiting our Facebook page.
Who Can Participate?
Everyone in the college community can participate! Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to join this four-week walking program. You will register as individuals, enter a team name if you wish and get ready to start walking toward a more active role in your health!
Registration is located on the American Heart Association’s, Get Active for a Healthier Lifestyle website.
- Click the orange “search for company” link and type in St. Norbert College. This will enter each individual as a participant for our college.
- Under the “Health Info” heading: The college, Health and Wellness program administrators and any other participants will not see this information. It is used by the tracker to help calculate and translate your non-walking/running activities into “Total Steps.”
- Under the “Preferences” heading: If checked, the Health and Wellness program administrators will be able to see your name, department, email address and physical activities. However, no one will be able to see your health information (i.e. weight or height).
- Registration is ongoing throughout the program.
What is Our Goal?
Our goal is to follow the American Heart Association’s physical activity recommendation. You can use this as your goal or our program allows you to set your own daily activity goal.
Is There Any Equipment Needed?
You will only need to keep track of your time spent on activities, although you may also use a pedometer. The AHA’s Activity Tracker has the capability of tracking 27 activities from aerobics through yoga. You select the activity, the intensity of the activity and enter the number of minutes of the activity. Then, press enter and you will see the total steps accomplished during that activity – very simple and fun!
What is the Cost?
There is no cost – it’s free!
Getting Started ...
- Reduce your risk for heart disease, stroke and diabetes
- Extend your life expectancy.
- Work toward a healthy weight (or maintain the weight you have).
- Have more energy to do the things you love.
- Sleep better.
- Enhance your mental well-being.
- Be a great role model for the people in your life.
- Be ready to hit the ground running in spring!
- Gear up for swimsuit season