Step It Up: Capture Your Curiosity!
On Monday, Sept. 26th we will begin our 7 week adventure exploring the highlights of the East Coast.
Our virtual walk will include 360 degree online tours. You will be able to experience each destination as if you are right there!
We will also be aware of the Seven Dimensions of Wellness throughout these weeks.
At the conclusion, we will celebrate with a virtual sailboat ride down the Potomac River while we relax and share our experiences.
All SNC students, faculty and staff are invited to join us on this historic and invigorating trek. We would like you to catch the energetic, team spirit that will encourage daily physical activity.
Walk, Explore, Learn! Let’s Get Started!
• What is a team? 5 team members designating one as the team captain.
• What is your team name? Decide on a name that makes your team happy.
• What type of equipment do you need? Each team member will need a pedometer, cellphone app or any other device that will record your daily steps. An alternative to this is to use this conversion chart to convert your daily activities into steps (directions can be found on the chart).
• Where do you record your weekly steps? We will send out an email with directions to all team members the week of the start date. There is a website showing all teams and their progress.
• Where do you register? Register online.
• What does it cost to participate? It is totally free.
Our goal is to have everyone achieve either:
10,000 steps a day
30 to 60 minutes of exercise daily, converted into a step count
And if your daily step count goes beyond this, that will be fantastic!
Find up-to-date information and highlights by following this exciting event on our Take the Challenge blog, and make sure to follow Health and Wellness on Pinterest! Read the latest from Student Health 101 on Facebook and Twitter.
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air of your imagination."
Ralph Waldo Emerson