Admission to the Honors Program
Incoming first-year students who are identified by aptitude (ACT/SAT
scores) and achievement (courses and programs completed in high school,
grades, etc.) are invited by the director of the Honors
Program to apply for admission to the program. Most successful
applicants have an ACT composite of at least 28 and high school GPA of at least 3.75.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Honors Program Application (online application)
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers
Current St. Norbert College students and transfer students may be admitted to the Honors Program if the application is acceptable and space is available. Late entry to the program is primarily intended for a student whose high school record does not warrant immediate entry into the program, but whose subsequent performance at the college level demonstrates academic excellence.
Applicants must complete the following:
- No more than eight courses toward graduation before entering the honors program
- 3.50 cumulative grade point average
- Two essays responding to application questions
- Two letters of recommendation from college professors
Applications received by March 18, 2013
, are ensured of receiving full consideration and an admission decision by April 1, 2013, for entry into the Fall 2013 program.