Loft Policy and Rental Information
To access the St. Norbert College portion of the College Products web page, please follow the link.
More information will be distributed in housing assignment letters and at orientation. Also watch for futon purchase information! If you have questions during the academic year, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Loft instructional videos
Need help setting up your loft? Take a look at our loft demonstration videos (Please note that Sensenbrenner no longer has these rental lofts, but instead has permanent lofts. Possible layouts can be found here). :
The Adobe Flash Player is required to see this video.| Launch Video Window |
How much does a loft cost?
If my roommate and I want to do the L loft, do we both need to rent a loft?
I will be living in Burke/Sensenbrenner, do I need to rent a loft?
St. Norbert College Loft/Bunk Policy 2012-2013
The Department of Residential Education and Housing is committed to creating a safe environment for students living in college-owned housing. Personal loft and bunk structures, including homemade and those purchased from a retailer, present safety concerns due to the variety of materials and construction procedures. Only loft and bunk structures that are provided by the College or rented through College Products will be permitted in College-owned housing.
Specific components of the Loft/Bunk Policy are as follows:
1. A statement indicating that the college is not responsible for any injury to persons or property resulting from structural failure and use of the loft/bunk must be completed and signed by the residents. Forms are available during check-in from the Hall Director.
2. The loft may not be secured to the walls, floor, ceiling, or any college-owned furniture (this includes the bed).
3. Decks are not permitted. Students may not have a structure in which they are sleeping under a surface upon which furniture is placed.
4. Beds may not be stacked on desks, dressers, or any other furniture.
5. All college furniture must remain in the room to which it is assigned. Storage is not provided for any part of the bed or for room furnishings.
6. Each bed frame provided by St. Norbert College is made to fit into the College Products structures.
7. Lofts may not be stored in hallways, stairwells, or other public areas.
8. All lofts must be disassembled and returned by the Thursday of finals week during spring semester. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
9. There is a $100.00 fine and/or disciplinary action for any violation of these guidelines. This includes failure to properly remove or dismantle a loft structure upon withdrawal from college housing. Failure to make necessary modifications within the allotted time period as recommended by an REH staff member who inspects the loft results in immediate removal of the loft by the loft owner.
* The college takes no responsibility for the student's safety while the lofts are in the room; however, the right to inspect all student loft/bunks is reserved.
Department of Residential Education and Housing
Phone: (920) 403-3360