St. Norbert College, a thriving, nationally ranked, Catholic liberal arts college, continues to invite applications for the newly created position of Assistant/Associate Dean for Student Success and Retention (title dependent upon experience and degree level). Working collaboratively with colleagues from the divisions of Academic Affairs, Mission and Student Affairs, and Enrollment Management and Communications, the successful candidate will develop and enhance services that help ensure the success of students and result in increased student persistence. Our current first-year to sophomore retention rate has ranged from 80-85% over the past several years, with a goal of boosting this to 90%. Reporting directly to the Dean of the College and Academic Vice President, the Assistant/Associate Dean for Student Success and Retention will serve as a member of the Dean's Council.
Founded in 1898 by the Norbertine order of priests, the College embraces the Norbertine vision of community in an educational environment that is intellectually, spiritually, and personally challenging. Candidates from all faith traditions who can contribute to the College's mission are welcome to apply. Please visit the website at http://www.snc.edu/mission to learn more about St. Norbert College and its mission.
Located in De Pere, Wisconsin, a vibrant community of 20,000, situated within metropolitan Green Bay (population 300,000), St. Norbert College offers a traditional residential education experience to 2,230 undergraduate students. The College is noted for its intense commitment to educating the whole person; its radical hospitality; preparing each person for leadership and service of the common good; supporting its deep sense of community; and maintaining the cohesive design and beauty of its campus. The College has been cited by the Templeton Foundation for building character in its students, the American Council of Education for exemplary international programs, and the Corporation for National and Community Service as a leader among institutions of higher education for its commitment to bettering the community through community service and service-learning.
- Provide leadership to further develop and enhance the academic experience of our students.
- Provide leadership that results in improved student retention.
- Assess our academic success and retention initiatives; manage and analyze retention related data, including data acquired through our early warning system.
- Oversee the Academic Support Services and the Director of Academic Advising. Supervision of other academic staff may be possible.
- Facilitate and coordinate student success efforts across divisions.
- Lead cross-divisional committees to address immediate intervention as well as long-term student success strategies.
- Investigate and pursue potential grant opportunities to support ongoing success and retention initiatives.
- Empower and encourage all members of the community to engage in retention efforts.
- Master's degree required (doctorate preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of higher education experience with increasing responsibility in the area of student success and/or retention.
- In-depth knowledge of current best practices in student success and retention.
- Demonstrated success at relationship-building and collaborating with different campus constituencies to build consensus.
- Strong organizational, writing, speaking, and supervisory skills.
How To Apply:
Applications should include a letter explaining the match between the qualities and qualifications of the candidate and the position requirements, a resume, and a list of at least three references with contact information.
St. Norbert College is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to enhancing the diversity and cultural competency of its students, faculty, professional staff and administration. The College offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, retirement plan, paid time-off and tuition waiver.
For best consideration, applications should be received by December 6, 2013. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Start date for the position is negotiable. Applications may be submitted by e-mail (encouraged) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to:
Co-Chairs Assistant/Associate Dean for Student Success and Retention
c/o Darlene LeFevre, Office of the Dean of the College
100 Grant Street
De Pere ,WI 54115
Applications received by December 6, 2013 are ensured of full consideration.
St. Norbert College Job Application