St. Norbert College has an opening for a full-time Campus Safety Officer. This position will work 10 hour shifts with hours varying between Sunday - Wednesday, 5:00pm - 3:00am and Thursday - Saturday, 7:00pm - 5:00am. The Campus Safety Officer is responsible for providing personal safety for members of the College community through courteous, helpful and professional service. This position provides a highly visual deterrent to campus crime while protecting the property and assets of the College, includes patrol of College owned property and responds to calls for service from the campus community. Supervision is received from the Senior Director of Campus Safety. Supervision may be exercised over Campus Safety Dispatchers in the absence of the Senior Director or Associate Director.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Patrols St. Norbert College property on foot and by vehicle to provide for the safety, security, and welfare of students, faculty, staff and their belongings.
- Prepares written reports such as daily logs and incident reports relating to security and safety matters.
- Enforces college rules and regulations pertaining to student, faculty, staff and visitors while on SNC property.
- Provides security to SNC property including buildings, vehicles, equipment and land property.
- Investigates criminal activity that occurs on SNC property.
- Serves students, faculty and staff whenever practicable to provide for their safety and welfare.
- Responds to requests for assistance and information.
- Complies with all college regulations including, but not limited to, health and safety policies.
- Assists in directing vehicular or pedestrian traffic in a variety of situations.
- Secures doors on campus to protect college property.
- Reports any maintenance concerns or safety hazards that need attention.
The preferred candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent; previous experience in Campus Safety, Security, Law Enforcement or Military (or educational equivalent); and have a valid driver's license. Current certification in first aid/CPR and experience with campus law enforcement are desirable.
How To Apply:
St. Norbert College, a national Catholic, liberal arts college rooted in the Norbertine tradition, welcomes applications from members of all faith traditions and backgrounds. We seek those who can contribute to our Mission (http://www.snc.edu/mission) and support our commitment to building a vibrant, diverse community. The College offers an outstanding benefits package including health, dental and life insurance; retirement plan and tuition waiver.
Submit an application, cover letter, and resume to: Staffing Specialist, Human Resources, St. Norbert College, 100 Grant Street, De Pere, WI 54115 or via e-mail to email@example.com. We require a completed St. Norbert College employment application for all of our staff positions.
Applications received by September 5, 2014 are ensured of full consideration.
St. Norbert College Job Application