Print PINs for campus printers/copiers/MFPs
SNC students, faculty, and staff can log in to campus printers/copiers/MFPs (multi-function printers) using their 6-character network login ID (e.g., duckdf) and password, or create print PINs to make logging in to the printers/copiers/MFPs easier. Note that print PINs are entirely optional. It is important to be aware that in the print PIN system, "PIN1" is your printer login/username and "PIN2" is your printer password. To change your print PINs, follow these instructions carefully:
- Go to http://www.snc.edu/printpins.
- Log in with your 6-character network login ID (e.g., duckdf) and password.
- Click on "Manage my user PINs."
- Check the "Change PIN1" box.
- In the "New PIN1" box, enter a new PIN1. Remember, PIN1 is your username for the printers/copiers.
- Check the "Change PIN2" box.
- Important: If you have not set a PIN since the print server was upgraded during
Spring Break (March) 2012, leave the "Current PIN2" box blank. If you
have set up a PIN since then, enter your current PIN2 in the "Current
PIN2" box. Remember, PIN2 is your password for the printers/copiers. If you do not know your current PIN2, then you will not be able to reset it yourself and will need to contact the ITS Service Desk to request that it be reset.
- In the "New PIN2" box, enter a new PIN2. Although the system will
allow you to leave PIN2 blank, if you do not enter a PIN2 in combination
with your PIN1, anyone might be able to log in as you and charge printing/copying to your account.
- In the "Confirm PIN2" box, enter your new PIN2 again. If you do not enter your PIN2 a second time, the process will fail.
- Once you have the entire form completed, click the Change PIN button.
If you have any questions about this process, contact the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com, http://www.snc.edu/service, or (920) 403-4040.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]