As a Catholic, Norbertine, and liberal arts institution, St. Norbert College places special emphasis on the sacred dignity of all persons and the spirit of communio.

Frequently Asked Questions

If I am being charged with a violation, what will happen next?
You will receive a letter from a staff member asking you to make an appointment or assigning you a time to meet with the hearing officer. The letter will also describe any charges. It is important to make an appointment and attend it. Ignoring the situation will not make the matter go away.

I received a letter from my hall director about my hearing. What should I do now?
If you receive a letter, contact the staff member back and schedule an appointment by the deadline stated in the letter.

What do I need to do to prepare for my hearing?
Review The Citizen and your rights during a hearing.

What will happen during my hearing?
During the meeting, the hearing officer will review The Citizen, discuss the conduct process including how we receive reports and resolution options, and provide an opportunity to share additional information regarding the incident. At the conclusion of the hearing, the hearing officer will make a decision.

What if I was not aware of a rule and didn't know I was breaking it?
Lack of knowledge or awareness of a policy is not an excuse for misconduct. Every student is responsible for knowing the policies and regulations of St. Norbert College.

Are student organizations expected to comply with The Citizen?
Yes, all students enrolled at the college are expected to adhere to the policies written in The Citizen.

Will conduct sanctions appear on my academic transcript?
No, disciplinary sanctions will not appear on your academic transcript.

Where is the office of student judicial affairs located?
The office is located on the first floor of Todd Wehr Hall next to Financial Aid and the Registrar.

What are my rights during a hearing?
A full description of student rights during a hearing is listed on our website.   

Will anyone ever request to see my conduct record?
The office processes dean’s certification requests which are required of some professional schools (law, medicine, pharmacy, etc), graduate schools, undergraduate schools for transferring students, and/or other academic programs such as study abroad. Dean's certification provides information that verifies a student’s conduct record (or lack thereof) and/or academic record at St. Norbert College.

Where can I get a FERPA release form so my parents can talk about my case with you?
Download the FERPA authorization form. You can also get a copy of the form from your hall director or residential education and housing main office located in Todd Wehr Hall. This form is only valid for six months and a new one will need to be completed if the date of your signature has expired. 

How do I know a message in my email inbox is from your Office?
The subject of the email will state "Communication from Student Judicial Affairs."  You can also call our office to clarify any questions that arise.

Can I study abroad if I have a disciplinary history?
It depends on the disciplinary sanction assigned to you.  Specifically, if you are on Disciplinary Probation or higher you are ineligible to study abroad.  

Can I have a conduct case for an incident that occurred off-campus?
Yes. The College reserves the right to take appropriate action when, in the judgment of College officials, the alleged conduct has a negative impact on the College and broader community and/or mission of the College.

I have been assigned StrengthsQuest.  Who can I contact with my questions?
We are here to assist you.  Feel free to contact Tabea Bakke for more information. 

What if I decide not to show up for my meeting with my hearing officer?
A new case will be opened for the charge of non-compliance and higher sanctions will likely occur. 

How do I access my student conduct letter?
Your access code to this letter is your SNC Student Identification Number (all 9-digits). 

What happens if I do not complete my assigned educational sanctions?
You will be assessed a fine and an adverse event will be noted in your disciplinary file until the sanction is complete. 

I have been told I broke a policy in my Housing Agreement.  Where can I find a copy of the Housing Agreement online?
You can access the most updated version of the Housing Agreement here.

I am having technical difficulties with accessing My Student Body.  What are my options for assistance?
Click "Site Help" at the bottom of every screen on MyStudentBody to get answers to common questions. If you have a question about course deadlines or other campus-specific issues, please contact us at 920-403-3054.