Spanish Language Placement GuideNot sure which Spanish class you should take? Take this short quiz on general Spanish language questions.
Before you take a placement test, try out these yes/no questions. You may decide quickly what level you belong.
- Do you feel knowledgeable about language-related, non-linguistic topics (history, food, customs, culture, music, geography, local idioms, politics, sports, current events, etc.)?
- Have you studied Spanish within the last five years?
- Could you describe an object in Spanish to a person and have them guess what it is?
- Can you order and make requests in a restaurant situation?
- Have you spent more than two months living in a Spanish-speaking country?
- Do you speak to people in Spanish at work on a fairly regular basis?
- If you found you were right in between two levels, would you prefer to be the least prepared in the group and push yourself, over taking the beginners class for a review of the basics?
Your Spanish level - if you have answered 'yes':
- to half or fewer than half of these questions, you belong in a Spanish 1 or 2 class.
- to more than half of these questions, you belong in a Spanish 3 or 4 class.
- to all of the questions, you belong in the advanced class.