The Miriam B. & James J. Mulva Library is committed to enriching the academic endeavors of the St. Norbert College community. The library will:
- Support the mission and core values of the College.
- Be good stewards of library resources by building strong collections and caring for them so that they may be passed on to future generations.
- Support the teaching and research needs of the St. Norbert College community and promote lifetime learning.
- Provide access to the collections by providing assistance, instruction and outreach to the St. Norbert College community and beyond.
- Provide a welcoming environment conducive to reflection and learning.
- Partner with local, regional and national consortia, networks and organizations to promote resource sharing.
St. Norbert College’s first library was a small room on the first floor
of Main Hall, which opened in 1903, and contained books donated by
students. In 1924, the original recreation room of Boyle Hall became the
main library until 1959, when the library was moved to Boyle’s third
and fourth floors. In 1977, the Todd Wehr Library was established
through the remodeling of an existing campus dormitory. In June of 2009,
The Miriam B. & James J. Mulva Library was completed and the
existing library was moved from The Todd Wehr. The library, which is the
center of student academic life on campus, houses more than 247,000
volumes, including books, journals and other serials, microforms, maps
and charts. Over 3,000 volumes are added to the collection each year.