When You Borrow From Us
You’ll find there are a few policies and procedures we use to keep our inventory serving all of the campus’ needs. And if you have a suggestion or a need that doesn’t seem to fit, let us know – we want to do everything in our power to deliver service that aligns with St. Norbert College’s value of radical hospitality.Books, Newspapers, Journals, Scores, CDs, DVDs, Reserves
- Materials located in the stacks, curriculum/children’s literature room, musical scores, maps, the featured collection, the bestseller collection, DVDs, VHS, CDs and reserves may be checked out with a St. Norbert College ID card.
- Books, maps, CDs, VHS and DVDs may also be checked out with an alumni card or a St. Norbert College community card.
- Reference books, newspapers, and microfilm do not circulate. To request borrowing privileges for these materials, please speak with a reference librarian.
- Reserve items are generally held behind the information desk for quick, convenient borrowing. You ask for what you need and we have it at our fingertips. More and more reserve items are digital and you may access those through the library catalog.
- Laptop computers are available for checkout by St. Norbert College students, faculty and staff at the information desk. Reservations are welcomed. To check availability or reserve a laptop, contact David Bosco.
- Headphones, iPad, eReaders and graphing calculators are also available for checkout by students, faculty and staff.
|Media Type||Students||Faculty & Staff||Community Users & Alumni|
|Audio CDs||1 week||6 months||1 week|
|Books & Maps||4 weeks||6 months
|Reference, Microform & Newspapers||In-building use only||In-building use only||In-building use only|
|Journals||In-building use only||In-building use only||In-building use only|
|Reserve Materials (Traditional)||2 hrs, 1 day, 2 days, 1 week||2 hrs, 1 day, 2 days, 1 week||Not applicable|
|Video VHS & DVDs||1 week||6 months||1 week|
|Laptops||1 week||1 week||Not applicable|
|Graphing Calculators||1 week or semester||1 week or semester||Not applicable|
|iPad||1 week||1 week||Not applicable|
|eReaders (Kindle & Nook)||1 week||1 week||Not applicable|
|Headphones||2 hrs||2 hrs||Not applicable|
|Scores||8 weeks||1 week||Not applicable|
|Books from Jenny's Library||free||free||free|
|Best Seller Collection||4 weeks||4 weeks||4 weeks|
Renewals | return to top
Library material, with the exception of course reserves, media and equipment, may be renewed twice. You may renew through the catalog, in person at the information desk, by phone at 920-403-3466 or via email, unless the item is needed by another person.
Holds | return to top
Students, faculty and staff may request that a hold be placed on an item in the online catalog. Student items will be held at the library information desk for pickup, while faculty and staff items will be delivered to the appropriate office. You will be notified through your SNC email account.
Missing Items | return to top
If an item is missing, please come to the information desk so we can search for it.
Recalls | return to top
A checked-out item may be recalled if it is needed for course reserves. Items must be returned within three days.
Returns | return to top
Materials may be returned at the information desk, the book drop in the lobby or the book drop at the Third Street entrance.
Fines | return to top
We do not charge fines, but do charge for non-returned items. We send out courtesy, overdue and billing notices via your SNC email account. Failure to receive these notices does not absolve the borrower of any financial obligations.
Replacement charges are assessed for any item not returned or renewed within 30 days of the due date. These charges include a replacement charge and a $5 non-refundable billing fee per item.
Reserve material, media and laptops are assessed a replacement charge within two weeks of the due date including a $15 non-refundable billing fee per item.