MBA Admission Process
Early application is advisable as space is limited for this program. Prior to admission, all students, regardless of undergraduate major, are required to successfully complete an undergraduate statistics course, typically engineering, business or social sciences statistics, before entry to the MBA program.
For those intending to start their Schneider School MBA in Spring 2017, applications are currently being accepted. Admitted applicants have the opportunity to begin courses the week of March 20, 2017. With varying program entry points, review of application packages occurs immediately, with an ongoing rolling admission schedule. For full admission consideration, and to allow adequate course preparation time, applicants should apply no later than Friday, February 24, 2017.
MBA Program Application Requirements
1. Complete online application
2. Submit credentials:
- Official transcripts: Arrange for your official transcripts, demonstrating a minimum grade point average of 3.0, to be mailed by your undergraduate college or university directly to the Office of Graduate Admission, evidencing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. (If your undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0, a request may be made for GMAT/GRE scores.)
- Letters of recommendation: Two letters of professional recommendation are required. Applicants with three years of business or professional experience, at a minimum, are preferred. At least one letter should be from a reference who held a managerial or senior leadership role. Letters should include the name, address, title, phone number and email of the reference.
- Professional résumé
- Essay: Submit a 650-word answer in response to the following:
Hallmarks of great leadership often include drive, tenacity, strategic decision-making and steadfast resolve in times of great change. Less often ascribed to great leaders is their allowance for heart, emotion and – dare it be said – love. Describe a professional experience when you witnessed a leader unabashedly lead from the space of their heart. What did you learn from this example? Do you consider this an enlightened leadership trait that can be successful in professional environments?
- Essays should be approximately 650 words, single-spaced, in Arial or Times New Roman typeface, 10-12 point type and limited to two pages with one-inch margins.
4. Test scores: Admission to our program does not require submitting postgraduate standardized test scores for applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or above. If your undergraduate GPA is under 3.0 we reserve the right to request GMAT or GRE scores to help assess your academic preparedness for the program.
You may submit your application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Office of Graduate Admission
St. Norbert College
100 Grant St.
De Pere, WI 54115
Once we’ve received your application and all required credentials, the graduate admission counselor will review your admission portfolio and provide an admittance recommendation to the dean. The dean will determine whether a personal interview is required.
Taking into account the entirety of your application and your professional and academic background, the dean will make a final acceptance decision. If you’re accepted, you’ll be notified by the graduate admission counselor via a personal phone call, with a formal acceptance letter to follow. Every effort will be made to work through these steps expeditiously, understanding an applicant’s anticipation and the need to plan around busy schedules.