Mission and Objectives
The Men’s Initiative is a forum for dialogue, reflection, and activism
for students who share a commitment to issues involving men.
Programming directed towards all men will focus on a diversity of
issues pertinent to students, resulting in the promotion of
non-oppressive attitudes and behaviors and the advancement of gender
- Provide a comfortable setting where men can examine the societal
images, messages, and masculinities that effect their lives and
- Focus on diverse issues involving men in order to allow students to
reflect about their ‘Self’ in relation to ‘Others’ so as to help foster
a community rooted in non-oppressive attitudes and behaviors.
- Explore the unique connection between mind, body and spirit.
- Educate the community about health and wellness so as to foster the creation of lifelong healthy relationships and lifestyles.
- Encourage networking among St. Norbert faculty, staff and students,
and mentoring between professionals and students of St. Norbert College
and the surrounding community.
||Men’s Initiative Logo:
The Men’s Initiative logo is the
primary marker for the program. With the use of olive leaves and the
forest green color the logo seeks to remain consistent with the
tradition of the College’s logo and President’s seal. This logo was
created and adopted by the Men’s Initiative in the fall of 2009.
Men's Initiative Advisory Committee:
The Men's Initiative is reviewed quarterly by the Men's Initiative
Advisory Committee, which is an interdisciplinary group including:
- Assistant Dean for Campus Life
- Assistant Dean for Student Development
- Assistant Professor of Art
- Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Campus Minister
- Director of Athletics
- Student from the Athletic Department
- Women’s Center Student Director