St. Norbert College is committed to the spiritual development of all
our students. We actively seek to provide places where students can
explore life’s big questions, grow in religious understanding, and deepen their
faith commitments. See if one or more of the descriptors
below sounds like you…
"I chose St. Norbert College because it’s Catholic…how can I deepen and
practice my faith while on campus?”
- Go to church…Old St. Joe’s is conveniently
located right on campus!
- At the campus parish you can choose to get
involved in music or liturgical ministry, become a catechist, or work in youth
- Attend Donum Ipsum – where students, campus
ministers and Norbertines gather to pray and explore important aspects of the
- Attend the Axia retreat – a weekend-long
immersion into the Catholic and Norbertine heritage of the college.
“I live out my faith or values through service and working
- Students serve in many ways on campus, but a
major way is through our TRIPS program which is co-directed by folks in
ministry, leadership, and service. On our service trips, you’ll be expected to
reflect on the service you do, and encouraged to connect the work you are doing
to your beliefs.
- Our Peace and Justice Center brings in speakers
and exhibits that can open your eyes to issues of justice in our country and
around the world.
- Many student orgs address needs in our local
community and world – from Habitat for Humanity to Zambia Project and more!
“I like hearing what my peers think about a variety of
spiritual and religious topics.”
"I’m not Catholic and my faith matters to me.”
- Know that the ALIVE Team programs and most
Campus Ministry events are led by and aimed at students from a variety of faith
- Look here for a listing of faculty and staff of
various religious traditions who want to support students living out their
- Complete the Interest Form on the Campus Ministry website and let us know if you would like assistance connecting to a house of worship in your tradition.
- We’re always trying to do more. In 2011-2012 we
were able to bring halal meat to one of the campus dining areas and equip a
study room in the library for Muslim prayer. When in doubt, contact Campus
Ministry, but know that many faculty and staff on campus want to support you.
St. Norbert College, a Catholic liberal arts college embracing the Norbertine ideal of communio, provides an educational environment that fosters intellectual, spiritual and personal development. >>MORE
St. Norbert Abbey
Norbertine Life and Vocations
International Norbertine Site
Master of Theological Studies
Killeen Chair of Theology and Philosophy
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Ex Corde Ecclesiae
From Abbey to Xanten: A Glossary of Catholic and Norbertine Terms