M.L.S. Admission RequirementsThe Master of Arts in Liberal Studies is a flexible graduate program that offers options for students with hectic schedules and diverse interests.
What Path and Pace Feels Right for You?
If you want to earn a master's degree, we suggest that you focus on completing the degree program requirements. If you want to take a course for credit but are not interested in obtaining a degree at this time, we suggest you focus on completing the non-degree requirements. Not sure yet if a master's program is right for you? Then start as a non-degree student – you can always change to a degree student later. The final option is to audit. This option is available if you’re interested in a particular class but you don’t intend to complete a degree. Degree and non-degree students pay full course tuition, audit students pay half the course tuition. If you’d like to talk through these options, give us a call. We know it can be a big decision, so let us know how we can help.
Degree Program Admission Requirements
Getting started does not need to be hard. This program does not require a GRE for admission.
Here are the steps toward enrolling in the M.L.S. program:
- Arrange for your official transcripts, demonstrating a minimum grade point average of 3.0, to be mailed by your undergraduate college or university directly to the coordinator of the M.L.S. program, evidencing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. (If undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0, you may be admitted on a probationary basis; contact the program director for details.)
- Complete the degree application form.
- Submit a 500-word essay that answers: What motivated you to apply to the M.L.S. program? What are your future hopes and expectations and how do you see this program helping you to achieve those goals?
- Send your $50 non-refundable application fee to the M.L.S. program coordinator.
- After your application is complete, schedule a personal interview with the director of the M.L.S. program and a member of the M.L.S. advisory committee.
- Arrange for your official transcripts, demonstrating a minimum grade point average of 3.0, to be mailed by your undergraduate college or university directly to the coordinator of the M.L.S. program, evidencing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Complete the non-degree application form.
- Send in your non-refundable application fee of $50 to the M.L.S. program coordinator.
- Complete the registration form.