The Drowsy Chaperone Auditions
Interested in auditioning for The Drowsy Chaperone?
Join us at Dudley Birder Hall on March 1 and 2!
Time: 2 p.m.
Persons auditioning for leading or supporting roles requiring solo singing should sing something they have prepared that is similar in style to the role(s) for which they audition. A number from the show is preferred, but not essential. An accompanist will be provided. Persons auditioning for the chorus may sing any song they choose, regardless of style. Dancers should wear comfortable clothing and shoes. A prepared routine is not expected. Persons auditioning for speaking roles will be asked to read from the script.
Persons interested in a script and music for The Drowsy Chaperone should call the SNC Music Theatre Office at 403-3116.
Female roles include:
- Janet Van de Graaff (alto with big belt)
- The Drowsy Chaperone (alto with strong belt)
- Mrs. Tottendale (alto character voice)
- Kitty (soprano comedic belt)
- Trix the Aviatrix (alto)
Male roles include:
- Man in the Chair, the narrator throughout the musical (baritone)
- Robert Martins (tenor)
- Aldolpho (bass/baritone and good falsetto
- Underling (tenor character voice)
- Mr. Feldsieg (baritone)
- George (tenor)
- Gangsters 1 & 2: Can be played by two men, two women or one man and one woman. Jovial characters who pose as pastry chefs. Good timing and dancing skills required. They mirror each other throughout. (tenor/soprano)
- Ensemble: A strong, dancing/singing ensemble consisting of 2 men and 2-4 women. (soprano, alto, tenor, bass)