Guys and Dolls Auditions
Join us at Walter Theatre on May 20 and 21!
Time: 7 p.m.
Guys and Dolls calls for a cast of 12 principals, 6 supporting roles, 8 “Hot Box” female dancers, a 12-member male chorus and an additional chorus of 6 to 10 women. There are many cameo roles filled by members of the chorus. Several male and female dancers are required for the two large production dance numbers.
Persons auditioning for leading or supporting roles requiring solo singing should sing something they have prepared that is similar in style to the role(s) for which they audition. A number from the show is preferred, but not essential. An accompanist will be provided. Persons auditioning for the chorus may sing any song they choose, regardless of style. Dancers should wear comfortable clothing and shoes. A prepared routine is not expected. Persons auditioning for speaking roles will be asked to read from the script. Persons interested in a script and music for Guys and Dolls should call the SNC Music Theatre Office at 403-3116.
Female roles include:
- Sarah Brown (soprano ranc C to A2)
- Miss Adelaide
- General Matilda Cartwright
Male roles include:
- Sky Masterson
- Nathan Detroit
- Nicely Nicely Johnso
- Benny Southstreet
- Big Jule
- Lt. Brannigan
- Rusty Charlie
- Harry the Horse
- The Crap Shooters Chorus: Consists of Nicely Nicely, Benny Southstreet, Rusty Charlie, Harry the Horse, Big Jule and 8-10 additional men. The Crap Shooters are on stag
- The Hot Box Girls: Consists of 8 dancer/singers appearing to be between the ages of 18-40. They are “show girls” and dancing and appearance are more important than singing
- Save-a-Soul Mission Band: Consists of Arvide, Sarah, Calvin, Agatha and two or three women.
- Male and Female Dancers
- A variety of cameos including: Master of ceremony, the drunk, Mimi, Havana dancers, waiters, and Broadway characters.