Les Misérables Auditions
Interested in auditioning for Les Misérables?
Join us at the St. Norbert College Walter Theatre on May 21 and 22!
Adults: 7 p.m.
Children: 4 p.m.
(Call backs on May 23)
Persons auditioning for Les Misérables should sing a selection of their choice and provide music for the accompanist who will be provided. A prepared accompaniment recording is also acceptable.
Male leading roles include:
- Jean Valjean (dramatic tenor)
- Javert (baritone)
- Thénardier (comic baritone)
- Enjolras (tenor)
- Marius (tenor)
Female leading roles include:
- Fantine (mezzo-soprano)
- Madame Thénardier (contralto)
- Éponine (mezzo-soprano)
- Cosette (soprano)
Supporting male roles include:
- The Bishop (baritone)
- Grantaire (baritone/tenor)
Important children’s roles include:
- Gavroche – secondary lead – boy soprano about 11-12 years old
- Young Cosette – secondary lead – about 9-11 years old
- Young Éponine – non-singing role – about 9-11 years old
13 male and 10 female minor roles with many considerable solo opportunities must also be selected. All of these 23 roles also will participate as members of the 36-voice chorus.