St. Norbert College represented at conference on popular culture
From St. Norbert College, October 6, 2011
by Mike Counter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (920) 403-3089
St. Norbert College graduate students from the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program will present papers at the annual Midwest Popular Culture Association and Midwest American Culture Association Conference Friday, Oct.14, through Sunday, Oct. 16, in Milwaukee.
Representing St. Norbert College's MLS program in the Community Festivals Area: Festivals and Food will be:
- Cara Jakubiec (De Pere, Wis.), who will present her paper on "Polish Folk Life Traditions Celebrated Through Polish Heritage Days."
- Renee Klingensmith (Marinette, Wis.), who will present her paper on "Peshtigo Historical Day."
- Patrick Steinhofer (Appleton, Wis.), presenting on "History and Evolution of Dyngus Day Ethnic Festival."
- Lisa Beyer (Cecil, Wis.), who will present her paper on "Farm Technology Days."
- Panel Chair: Michael T. Marsden, professor of English, American studies, and media studies, dean of the college and academic vice president Emeritus, St. Norbert College.
Members of the Midwest Popular Culture Association/Midwest American Culture Association meet in a conference once each year. The conference is organized by area chairs who solicit papers, organize panels, and commit to attend the regional conference for at least four years.
For more information on the conference, contact Michael Marsden at email@example.com. For more on the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program at St. Norbert College, go to http://www.snc.edu/mls/, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.