St. Norbert College to Host Fifth Annual SNC Day
Saturday, Sept 21, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
From St. Norbert College, August 20, 2013
by Mike Counter, firstname.lastname@example.org, 920-403-3089
SNC Day provides an opportunity for area residents to visit campus and learn more about what the college has to offer. The event will feature food, three stages of entertainment, children's activities, art and craft vendors, boat rides on the Fox River, lectures by St. Norbert College professors, Segway tours of campus and the surrounding area, an International Marketplace offering ethnic favorites from local restaurants, and tours of campus buildings, including the new Dudley Birder Hall, Mulva Studio and Cassandra Voss Center. In addition, the Cassandra Voss Center will host the Midwest launch of GoldieBlox, an amazing new toy for aspiring engineers, and the inventor and company CEO, Debbie Sterling, will be on hand for demonstrations. And the second annual Don Schneider Memorial 5k Challenge Run will take place beginning at 9 a.m. All events, except where noted below, are free. Find more information on and all events, as well as race registration, at http://www.snc.edu/sncday.
Also on SNC Day, the St. Norbert College football team will play Ripon College at 1 p.m. at Schneider Stadium; admission is free. A Lamers trolley will provide transportation from the main campus to the stadium.
Specific events and times for SNC Day include:
10 a.m.-noon -- Boogie and the Yo-Yo'z
12:30-2:30 p.m. -- Unity
3-5 p.m.-- Big Mouth
10-11 a.m. -- Jerry Voelker and the Jolly Gents
Noon-2 p.m. -- Frogwater Irish/Celtic acoustic group
2:30-3:30 p.m. -- Duck Creek Crossing Native American dancers and drummers.
Dudley Birder Hall:
10:30 -Noon -- Sawdust Symphony American "New Grass Music"
1-3p.m. -- St. Norbert College's Knights on Broadway
Abbot Pennings Hall of Fine Arts:
7 p.m. -- Faculty and students of the music department provide light musical entertainment.
11 a.m.-1 p.m. WIXX -- live radio broadcast
Elsewhere on campus throughout the day:
- Boat rides on the Fox River
- Strolling barbershop quartet and Bagpiper
- Horse-drawn wagon rides through campus
- Segway tours of campus and the surrounding area (nominal charge)
- Trolley transportation to the college's Schneider Stadium for the SNC vs. Ripon College football game (free admission)
- Crew demonstration
- Art and craft show
- Lectures by SNC faculty
- Geocaching -- digital treasure hunting
- Health, wellness and fitness activities
- Tours of the new Cassandra Voss Center, Dudley Birder Hall and Mulva Studio, as well as other campus buildings
- Food and beverages, including an International Marketplace featuring ethnic favorites from local restaurants
- Book signing event with the author of Norby the College Mascot. Children can be "knighted" and have their photo taken with Norby.
- Look, Make, Find in the Carol and Robert Bush Art Center. A variety of art activities
The Donald J. Schneider Memorial 5k Challenge Run:
Obstacles add to the challenge of this second annual run. All participants receive a long-sleeved T-shirt and medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each division. The race begins at 9 a.m. on Third Street. Register online at http://www.snc.edu/sncday or Friday evening or Saturday morning at Schuldes Sports Center.
Especially for children:
- Jumpin' on the Mall -- inflatables
- Crafts, face painting, balloon artists, Lego tables and finger printing and more!
De Pere businesses will also have special offerings and entertainment throughout the day.
For more information, visit the SNC Day website at http://www.sncday.com or contact Mike Counter in the office of communications at 920-403-3089.