Save the date:
October 19-21, 2007
A VERY GOOD YEAR: 2002
Out in the world:
- U.S. and Afghan troops launched Operation Anaconda against remaining Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.
- The world breathed a sigh of relief upon the successful rescue of Pennsylvania miners, rescued after 77 hours trapped in a dark, flooded mine shaft.
- Kelly Clarkson was named the first “American Idol.”
- Snipers preyed upon D.C. suburbs, killing ten and wounding others. Police arrest two sniper suspects, John Allen Muhammad and John Lee Malvo.
- Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.37
- Hansen’s was a landmark in De Pere.
- The Rock was the place to go dancing.
- El Toro had $1 bar burritos.
- Michels Hall was called New Res Hall.
- Social group picking was still a surprise in VMC.
- The Shop of De Pere was a great late-night food stop.
- Celebrating football wins (or losses) at The Village Gate.
- Sports: Super Bowl: New England def. St. Louis (20-17); World Series: Anaheim def. SF Giants (4-3); NBA Championship: LA Lakers def. New Jersey (4-0); Stanley Cup: Detroit def. Carolina (4-1).
- Movies: “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” “Chicago,” “Gangs of New York,” “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” “Adaptation,” “Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.”
- Music: Avril Lavigne, “Let Go”; Dave Matthews Band, “Busted Stuff”; Beck, “Sea Change”; Bruce Springsteen, “The Rising”; Wilco, “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot”; Norah Jones, “Come Away with Me”; Cee-Lo, “Cee-Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections”; The Hives, “Veni Vidi Vicious”; The Roots, “Phrenology”; Coldplay, “A Rush of Blood to the Head.”
Now it’s up to you! If you would like to be a part of planning your class’s fifth anniversary reunion, or just want to know more about what’s in the works,contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations.