What Can I Do with a Degree in Psychology?The employment and career opportunities for psychology majors are limited only by their motivation and creativity. The study of psychology prepares students for full lives as adults who think critically, respond compassionately and make valuable contributions to their communities.
Employment with a Psychology Undergraduate Degree
- human services
- human resources
- public relations
- market research
Employment with a Master’s Degree
- social worker
- school psychologist
- industrial-organizational psychologist
Employment with a Doctoral Degree
- licensed psychologist
- research scientist
- college professor
- other professional (for example, attorney or physician)
- 60 percent complete additional training and/or education.
- 30 percent complete a master’s degree.
- 5 percent complete a Ph.D.
- 25 percent pursue careers in the fields of mental health and social services.
- Many pursue careers in education, from preschool to the university level.
- The largest single group of students pursue careers in business and industry.