Looking to be readmitted?
Follow these steps.
- Complete the readmission application and mail it to the Admissions Office. >>READMISSION APPLICATION.
- Deadlines for Readmission Applications
1. For Fall semester ..... August 1st
2. For Spring semester ... January 1st
3. Students seeking readmission to Winter (J-Term) or Summer session must apply by two weeks prior to the start of the session.
- Have official transcripts of any courses taken since your enrollment at SNC sent to the Admissions Office. If you are currently enrolled in courses at another institution, your application may
be held for review until a final transcript is received.
- You must fulfill any outstanding financial obligations to the College before your application can be approved.
- Students who left St. Norbert College in good academic standing for reasons other than medical (physical or emotional) or disciplinary action generally are readmitted. However, there are specific requirements to follow if you originally withdrew for any of these reasons:
- Guidelines for Readmission After Medical/Mental Health Withdrawal
As an integral component of the re-application process at St. Norbert College, students that withdrew for medical reasons must obtain a recommendation from SNC Health Services to be re-admitted.
This process includes the following:
1. Complete and submit the Readmission Application and indicate a medical issue as your reason for withdrawal.
2. Provide medical documentation from a licensed health care provider to the Director of Health Services (or Counseling Services) indicating the condition that lead to the withdrawal has been addressed and successful completion of future coursework is anticipated
3. Contact and arrange a meeting with the Director of Health Services (or Counseling Center) to review your medical records and determine your eligibility for re-admission
4. Sign an appropriate release form to facilitate communication with the Readmission Committee regarding your eligibility to return (no confidential medical information will be disclosed).
Guidelines for Readmission After Poor Academic Performance (Withdrawal with GPA below 2.00 or Academically Dismissed)
Students who left because of poor academic performance will be evaluated on their demonstrated readiness to return to St. Norbert College's academic environment and the likelihood of their eventual successful completion of a degree in a timely manner. Students can apply for readmission after being away one full semester.
This process includes the following:
1. Complete and submit the Readmission Application and indicate whether you left on probation or after an academic dismissal as your reason for withdrawal.
2. Provide a written statement regarding your ability to perform well academically. You may choose to complete and submit an Academic Appeal Form instead of a personal statement.
Readmission decisions will be based on the following criteria:
A. The student's insight into what caused the original academic difficulty.
B. Evidence that the things that prevented successful academic performance previously have changed positively.
C. The amount of time spent away from St. Norbert College and how that time has been used productively (statements from employers or others may be requested).
D. Academic achievement, if undertaken, has improved substantially.
- After the Readmission Committee reviews your complete application, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office. After receipt of your admissions deposit for approved applications, you will be contacted to apply for financial aid, housing, and registering for classes.
- If you have any other questions, please direct all concerns to the Office of the Registrar.