Sport and Society Conference
The Sport and Society conference is a distinctive, intimate and affordable three-day event that provides opportunities for sports academics and professionals working in sports-related fields to network and share their expertise about sports.
The 2016 Conference
The 2016 conference was held on May 23-25, 2016.
The theme of the fourth Sport and Society conference was: “The Business of College Sports.”
Keynote speakers and panelists included:
- Barry Alvarez, Athletic Director, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Anna DeForge, Wisconsin Basketball Hall of Famer, 5-Time European Champion, and 2-time WNBA All-Star
- Jeffrey L. Kessler, Sports Labor Attorney, Partner, Chair, Antitrust and Competition Practice, Winston & Strawn, LLP
- Darren Rovell, Sports Business Analyst, ESPN
- Aaron Taylor, College Football Analyst, CBS Sports