Sport and Society Conference
The Sport and Society conference is a distinctive, intimate and affordable three-day event that provides opportunities for sports academics and professionals working in sports-related fields to network and share their expertise about sports.
The 2016 Conference
The 2016 conference will be held on May 23-25, 2016.
The theme of the fourth Sport and Society conference is: “The Business of College Sports”
Keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Barry Alvarez, Athletic Director, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Anna DeForge, Wisconsin Basketball Hall of Famer, 5-Time European Champion, and 2-time WNBA All-Star
- Jeffrey L. Kessler, Sports Labor Attorney, Partner, Chair, Antitrust and Competition Practice, Winston & Strawn, LLP
- Darren Rovell, Sports Business Analyst, ESPN
- Aaron Taylor, College Football Analyst, CBS Sports
Conference attendees will also receive a pass to the new Packers Hall of Fame and the famous guided tour of Lambeau Field Stadium!
To maintain an intimate atmosphere, total registration at the conference is limited to 200. Preference for registration will be given to those delivering papers and presentations.
- Call for papers/abstracts: Dec. 1, 2015
- Closing date for abstract submissions: Feb. 1, 2016
- Acceptance: Feb. 28, 2016
- Registration opens: March 1, 2016
- Registration closes: April 1, 2016
To receive the most up-to-date information on current activity related to the conference, find us on Facebook or follow @sportandsociety on Twitter.