|(Students, faculty and staff)
Active Minds is established for the expressed purpose of
1. Increasing the St. Norbert students', faculty's, and staff's
-issues surroundings mental health
-symptoms related to mental health disorders
-mental health resources available both on campus and in the
2. Reducing stigma toward people living with mental illness so that
students will feel more comfortable seeking help when it is needed
and openly discussing mental-health related issues
3. Promoting a general awareness of comprehensive "self health"
by emphasizing techniques that care for the body as well as the
4. Providing students with easy access to information about
Eating Disorders, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia,
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
5. Serving as a liaison between the student body and the mental
health community by hosting guest speakers, providing
informational fact sheets, organizing fundraisers, maintaining a
comprehensive website, and organizing other events designed to
reduce stigma and raise awareness.
St. Norbert College • 100 Grant Street • De Pere, WI 54115-2099 • 920-337-3181
© 1996-2013 • All rights reserved worldwide.