Michels Hall Service-Learning Program
This award-winning service-learning residence hall program places St. Norbert students at one of five community partner sites focused on poverty and youth. Students participate in orientation, training and reflection activities and serve weekly at their sites. The overarching goals of the hall are:
- Live: Develop open, honest and meaningful relationships based on mutual esteem, both within the hall and off-campus community.
- Learn: Learn about yourself and others.
- Serve: Assist community partner agency in reaching its mission and increase the capacity of the organization to serve more individuals and meet their goals.
During the 2017-18 academic year, the students will impact community needs through service with:
- Aldo Leopold Community School
- Boys and Girls Club of Green Bay
- Freedom House
- Greater Green Bay YMCA
- Norby's Buddies
- Syble Hopp School