|Ministry Formation Group
Ministry Formation Group is a place to dialogue with others who are exploring a call to ministry, engage readings and panelists on topics related to ministry, and reflect on one's gifts and questions related to the work of ministry. All this while earning a scholarship for full participation!
Students in the Ministry Formation Group are expected to be actively involved in ministry while in the group. This involvement may be paid or on a volunteer basis. While many of these ministries may take place in churches or faith-based agencies, some positions that involve direct support of others may qualify.
As this is a year-long program, admission is generally restricted to students who will be on campus for the full year. This program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Priority is given to students who have not previously participated in Ministry Formation Group. There are eight spots in the group each year.
The ministry formation group is a great place to bring your ideas, and to explore questions such as:
- How do I know if I’m called to ministry?
- What are the challenges of ministry today?
- What gifts and knowledge does ministry require?
- How am I enriched by the ministry I do?
- What does it mean if ministry is my profession?
- Opportunity to enter into an ongoing dialogue with peers about important questions related to ministry.
- Complimentary copies of brief texts used as a basis for dialogue.
- Opportunity to hear from experienced ministers who work in a variety of settings.
- $1000 scholarship awarded to those who fulfill the obligations of the group.
- Attend all scheduled sessions of the group.
- Prepare all readings and reflections assigned to the group.
- Actively engage in the group dialogue, both respecting the perspectives of others and openly contributing your perspective.
|This program alternates with the Vocation Exploration Group which is being offered in the 2013-14 academic year.
Please see the website via the link above for complete information as well as the application.