Navigate: An Exploration of Life & Vocation
Interested in exploring questions such as: What does it mean to live authentically? What am I called to do as a student and after life at SNC? How can I tap into my talents and passions and do something meaningful in the world?
Want to earn a scholarship while you explore these questions with a group of your peers?
This might be the group for you!
Who is Eligible?
- Students in any area of study, with varied career interests and diverse spiritual grounding
- 2016-17 sophomores, juniors and seniors (6-8 students of the same class year per group; a limited number of groups available)
- Students available the entire academic year (students studying or teaching abroad are not eligible)
- Attend a 2-hour opening reflection on Sunday, Sept. 18 (Time TBA depending on group assignment)
- Attend 10 discussion meetings led by a professional SNC staff member over the course of the year. Discussions will be held for one hour at the same time and day approximately every other week. Possible group meeting days/times include Mondays or Wednesdays at 5:30pm, Tuesdays or Thursdays at 2:00pm and Fridays at 3:30pm. Students can rank their preferred days and times on the application. Meetings will take place during the following weeks - actual date depends on what day of the week your group meets:
- Fall: Weeks of September 26, October 10, October 24, November 7, and November 28
- Spring: Weeks of January 30, February 13, February 27, March 20, and April 3
- Complete a vocation interview with someone in your field of interest in the fall
- Meet with a mentor three times in the spring OR attend an Afternoon of Reflection on Sunday, March 5
- Complete assigned readings (typically 1-2 chapters or articles per meeting)
- Complete two written pieces – initial and concluding reflections on vocation
- A $500 scholarship – $250 per semester
- An opportunity to enrich your understanding of calling
- A sustained and meaningful conversation with your peers and mentor
- Complete our online application here