Vocation Exploration Groups
Interested in exploring questions such as: What am I called to do as a student and after life at SNC? How can I tap into my talents and passions and do something meaningful in the world?
Want to earn a scholarship while you explore these questions with a group of your peers?
This might be the group for you!
Who is Eligible?
Students in any area of study, with varied career interests and diverse spiritual grounding, and are:
- Students in any area of study, with varied career interests and diverse spiritual grounding.
- 2014-15 sophomores and seniors (one group per class year will be offered).
- Students available the entire academic year.
- Attend an opening reflection on Sunday, Sept. 7 from Noon-3 p.m. (sophomores) or 3-6 p.m. (seniors)
- Attend the following meetings held from 3-4 p.m. (sophomores) or 4-5 p.m. (seniors) on Friday afternoons:
- Fall: Sept. 19, Oct. 10, Oct. 24, Nov. 7, Nov. 21
- Spring: January 30, February 20, March 6, March 27
- Complete a vocation interview with someone in your field of interest in the fall.
- Meet with a mentor three times in the spring.
- Complete assigned readings (typically one text in a semester or brief readings to prepare for meetings).
- Complete two written pieces – initial and concluding reflections on vocation.
- A $500 scholarship – $250 per semester.
- An opportunity to enrich your understanding of calling.
- A sustained and meaningful conversation with your peers.
- At this time, the application window has closed. Please stay tuned for information on the 2015-16 academic year vocation exploration groups.