Navigate: An Exploration of Life & Vocation
Interested in exploring questions such as: What does it mean to live authentically? What am I called to do as a student and after life at SNC? How can I tap into my talents and passions and do something meaningful in the world?
Want to earn a scholarship while you explore these questions with a group of your peers?
This might be the group for you!
Who is Eligible?
- Students in any area of study, with varied career interests and diverse spiritual grounding
- 2015-16 sophomores, juniors and seniors (6-8 students of the same class year per group; a limited number of groups available)
- Students available the entire academic year (students studying or teaching abroad are not eligible)
- Attend an opening reflection on Sunday, Sept. 20 from 12-2 p.m. or 2-4 p.m. (depending on group assignment)
- Attend 10 discussion meetings led by a professional SNC staff member over the course of the year. Possible group meeting days/times include Thursdays at 2:30pm and Fridays at 3pm and 4pm (no classes meet during these times). Students can rank their preferred days and times on the application. Meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Fall: September 24/25, October 15/16, November 5/6, November 19/20, December 3/4
- Spring (tentative): January 28/29, February 11/12, February 25/26, March 10/11, March 31/April1
- Complete a vocation interview with someone in your field of interest in the fall
- Meet with a mentor three times in the spring
- Complete assigned readings (typically 1-2 chapters or articles per meeting)
- Complete two written pieces – initial and concluding reflections on vocation
- A $500 scholarship – $250 per semester
- An opportunity to enrich your understanding of calling
- A sustained and meaningful conversation with your peers and mentor
- Please check back in the spring of 2016 for the 2016-17 application.