Message from the President: SNC fun factsSept. 16, 2008
To our alumni,
From time to time I would like to pass along "fun facts" and other information you might find interesting about your alma mater.
Recently I learned that in the 110-year history of St. Norbert College, there have been 18,660 graduates. Of those, I am delighted to say that the vast majority of you -- 17,023 -- are still with us! And I am also happy to say we hear from lots of you every year.
Given that today we graduate more than 400 students a year, you might think there would be more than 18,660 alums in our history. But it's important to remember that SNC started very small and grew slowly. It was four decades before a typical class had even 50 members. It was some six decades before a class had 100 members.
Which leads me to my other fun facts. The Green Bay Press Gazette recently ran an interesting feature on our new freshman class "by the numbers." If you missed that, here are some of the details of our newest members of the St. Norbert College community:
- Number of first-year student applications received: 2,104
- Number offered admission: 1,713
- Number of enrolled first-year students: 543 (301 female, 242 male)
- Average GPA: 3.3
- Average ACT: 24
- We have also enrolled an additional 50 transfer students.
- We have first-year International and Exchange students from China, Canada, Faroe Islands, France, Germany, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and Ukraine, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
- 149 students had a family member who graduated or currently attends SNC.
- 67 students have a sibling who graduated or currently attends SNC.
- 64 students have a parent who graduated from SNC.
- 12 students were valedictorians of their senior class; 5 were salutatorians.
- 108 students were selected as captain of a varsity sport in their senior year.
- As members of mission trips, our new students traveled to Belize, France, Japan, Australia, Mexico, Austria, Hungary, England, Guatemala, Spain, Italy, Germany, and the Czech Republic.
See you soon, and thanks, as always, for your continuing support of St. Norbert College.