Go Global!Just think: You could intern at the British parliament, study art in Florence, or conduct an in-depth environmental science research project in Madagascar. Our study-abroad program integrates academic and experiential education – giving you an outstanding opportunity to become aware of the differences and similarities of people around the globe.
In addition to semester-long study abroad, international experience can be gained through a variety of programs offered by other departments on campus, including student-teaching abroad, the TRIPS program, the Zambia Project and faculty-led short-term programs.
Study Abroad at a Glance
- All St. Norbert students have the opportunity to study abroad for one semester.
- Start your travels as early as your second semester sophomore year.
- If you would prefer an English-speaking country, we have programs in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. English-language programs are also available in the Czech Republic, Egypt, Italy, the Netherlands and throughout Africa.
- Students generally take credits that are the equivalent of four St. Norbert courses, or one semester’s worth of work. You will fulfill requirements for your major, minor and/or the General Education program and stay on-track for four-year graduation while studying abroad.
- Depending on your program choice, you will be housed in a residence hall, or an apartment, or with a host family, while studying abroad.
- Regardless of the program you choose, your tuition will be the same as the current St. Norbert rate. If housing and/or meals are included in your program, you will be charged at the St. Norbert rates for room and/or board.
- You are able to apply your financial aid package to one semester of off-campus study.
Visit the study-abroad website to view a table that highlights all of our approved study-abroad program sites. If you’d like to study abroad for two semesters, you must choose at least one exchange program. There are lots of options and we look forward to talking through them with you.
We’re Here to Help
The study-abroad staff is here to help you through the entire study abroad process: pre-departure, abroad and re-entry. We’ll help you find a program, guide you through the process, and prepare you before you depart on your study-abroad adventure. Once you are abroad, we'll stay connected with you to help ensure that your experience is a positive one. When you come home, we'll welcome you back and assist you in articulating your experiences.