Academic CoachingAcademic coaching is a semester-long commitment of regularly scheduled, individual, appointment-based services offered by a trained peer mentor. Coaches can help you identify areas you would like to become more skilled in; once the areas for improvement are identified, the coach will help you select strategies appropriate to the need. You are responsible for implementing the strategy. Together, you and the coach will evaluate its effectiveness. Each meeting will involve setting goals and/or evaluating the outcomes.
Areas of focus may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing effective time management skills to meet academic demands
- Learning note-taking strategies appropriate for various types of courses and course material
- Understanding solid review techniques
- Reviewing effective test prep strategies
- Learning the best test-taking strategies