Caption Arrow

COVID-19: Room and Meal Plan Refunds Frequently Asked Questions

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the college will be issuing refunds prorated for the second half of the semester. Refunds will be issued by May 8.

Will I receive a refund for housing?

Students are eligible for a refund based on when they vacate their housing arrangement:

  • Students vacating housing as of March 31 will receive a 50 percent refund of their spring-semester housing cost.
  • Students vacating housing between April 1-25 will receive a 25 percent refund of their spring-semester housing cost.
  • Students vacating housing after April 25 will not receive a refund.

Will I receive a refund of my Meal Plan and Meal Dollars?
Yes, both commuter and resident students will receive a refund for the unused balances on their Meal Plans and Meal Dollars accounts.

How do I view my room and Meal Plan adjustments?
We anticipate the room and Meal Plan adjustments to be completed by April 15. You can view these updates, as well as your account balance in KnightLine. Click the “Bursar” link and then, “Account Detail for Term/Semester.”

Do I need to have my belongings moved out of my room in order to get a refund?
No, you need to have vacated campus (ie: no longer be living on campus) but, given the shelter-in-place order issued in Wisconsin, we understand that you may have to return to campus at a later date to get your belongings.

How do I receive a refund for my housing and meal charges?
All credit balances will automatically be refunded as a check, and mailed to your permanent home address by May 8, 2020.

When will I receive my refund?
Refunds will be processed by May 8, 2020. Refunds will be issued in the form of a check. They will be mailed to students’ permanent addresses.

Will I get a refund if I have a balance due on my account?
The housing and meal plan adjustments will first be applied to any remaining outstanding balance on your student account. Once your outstanding balance is paid in full, a refund will be issued for the remaining credit balance.

If I have an exemption to continue to live on campus, am I eligible for a refund?
If you are approved and choose to stay on campus, your room and Meal Plan charges will remain unchanged for the Spring 2020 semester.

What if I was approved to stay on campus but now have alternative arrangements?
If you received an exemption to continue to live on campus and then find alternative arrangements, you must notify the Office of Residence Education & Housing (REH) at Your housing refund will be issued based on when you vacate student housing. If you do not notify REH, you will not be eligible for a credit of your housing and meal plan charges.

How will my remaining Custom Cash be impacted?
Custom Cash is managed separately from Meal Plans. Any Custom Cash that a student has on their account will remain active through the next academic year. If you are a senior, we will refund any unused Custom Cash.

Who can I contact if I have questions about room and Meal Plan credits and refunds?
You can contact the Bursar Office at or 920-403-3002. St. Norbert staff members will be available to answer your calls from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Will I receive a refund of my student fees?
No, refunds are only being issued for housing and meal charges.

Who can I contact if I have questions about other issues related to St. Norbert College and its response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
If you have additional questions outside the scope of refunds, please:

Back To Top Arrow