Congratulations on Choosing St. Norbert College’s ESL program!
As you fill out your application or review other areas of our website, be sure to let us know if you have any questions. We’re here to help you.
Admission to the ESL Institute
St. Norbert College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
You can apply to the ESL program if you:
- Are age 17 or older
- Completed secondary school
- Provide proof of the financial capacity to pay your school fees.
- Complete the ESL Application. If you are also applying for conditional admission to the St. Norbert College degree program, please be sure to answer the question on the form and we will send you additional materials.
- Send (1) the application and (2) a bank statement showing you have enough funds to pay your school fees and living expenses. You may fax them to 920-403-4083, attach them to an email to email@example.com, or mail them to the address on the application.
Form I-20 and your visa:
After we receive your application, we will send your Form I-20. Next, you’ll need to arrange for a visa interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate by doing the following:
- Pay the U.S. Government SEVIS fee and then print the SEVIS receipt.
• Pay SEVIS Fee
- Keep the receipt for your visa interview.
- Make an appointment for your visa interview. It may take several weeks to get an appointment.
- Bring these documents to your appointment:
• Letter of Admission from St. Norbert College
• Completed form DS-160
• Form I-20 from St. Norbert College
• Your SEVIS receipt
• Bankbook and bank statements
• Any additional documents that show you have good reason to return home after you complete your studies.
Your application for a student visa will be approved or denied. If it is denied, ask for a letter explaining why it was denied. Make a new appointment and try again.
For additional information visit here.
Conditional Admission to St. Norbert College
There’s no TOEFL score required if you successfully complete the advanced level of the ESL program and receive a certificate of completion.
You can be admitted to the degree program if:
- You’ve been given conditional admittance and you successfully complete all advanced-level ESL classes.
- You have a 550 on the TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) or an 80 on the TOEFL internet-based test (iBT).