Go Green, Stay Lean & Get In Shape!
Looking for quick way to the College Ave parking lot or to the other end of campus? Hop on a free to use SNC campus bike.
With monetary assistance from GIF (Green Initiative Fund) and SGA the Campus Safety department was able to purchase 20 “free ride” campus bikes for our students and staff. The 20 men's and women's style refurbished Schwinn classic bikes were purchased from Broken Spoke Bike Studio located right next door to campus on Main Street.
Look for the numbered "Property of SNC" label located on the middle bar.
Riders may use any of these brightly colored, GREEN OR GOLD bikes to assist with on campus travel. Feel free to ride a bike anywhere on campus and leave it in any campus bike rack, so others can use them to get to their campus destination. The bikes are not meant to ridden from campus to your college owned house and stored there overnight for use the next day. Bikes MUST be stored in a campus rack only.
By using a SNC bike, all participants agree to the following:
- When using a campus bike for off campus travel you must stop at the Campus Safety office (PAC 120) and pick up a lock to secure the bike at your destination. Leave your ID with campus safety while you are using the bike lock.
Bikes are ridden at your own risk.
- The college bears no liability for any injuries or incidents that may occur from the use of a green bike. Riders are encouraged to wear their personal bike helmet/and safety equipment while operating campus bikes.
- Bikes that presents with a mechanical malfunction must be immediately returned to the Campus Safety office (PAC 120) for repair. Under no circumstances are individuals permitted to ride a bike that is in need of repair. Anyone who observes a malfunctioning bike is asked to contact the Campus Safety office at 920-403-3260 immediately for staff assistance.
- Any emergency situations should immediately be reported to 911 or Campus Safety as the situation warrants.
- Anyone who rides a bike on campus is subject to all applicable laws and the code of student conduct.
Here are a few more pictures so you know what to look for:
SNC Campus Bike Rack locations:
Madeline/Lorraine Hall, Bergstrom Hall, 3M Hall, Riverside/Vander Zanden Hall (two racks), Michels Hall, Gries Hall, Sensenbrenner, Carriage House, Burke Hall, Premontre/Xanten
PAC building, Campus Center, Mulva Library (two racks), Boyle, Cofrin, TWH, Michels Commons