Graduate School Resources
- Eye on Psi Chi: Articles on graduate education in psychology and related fields from Eye on Psi Chi, the magazine of Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology for undergraduate students.
- The Fellowships and Scholarships Committee: The fellowships and scholarships committee of St. Norbert College has prepared a resource page for students seeking financial aid in support of graduate study.
- National Collegiate Honors Council: The NCHC maintains a list of links to major scholarships and fellowships supporting advanced undergraduate study and graduate study.
- Graduate study in Human Services: Psychology discipline teaching assistant and counseling center tntern compiled this powerpoint presentation including information on graduate study in psychology, social work, and marriage and family therapy. The presentation also includes information on the Graduate Record Exam and a collection of helpful resources
- The most comprehensive listing of graduate programs in psychology can be found in graduate programs in psychology and associated fields published by the American Psychological Association. This volume is revised biannually. A copy of the current guide is kept in the office of the teaching assistants.
- Psychology Ph.D. programs in the United States: This page contains a comprehensive listing of and links to 185 psychology Ph.D. programs across the United States. The schools are rank-ordered in quality according to the results of a 1995 study conducted by the National Research Council.
- The Gourman Report Rankings of Programs in Psychology contains links to 40 top psychology Ph.D. programs ranked in quality according to the Princeton Review’s “Gourman Report of Graduate Programs” (8th edition, 1997).
- U.S. News and World Report Rankings - This site provides rankings of Ph.D. programs in fields ranging from biology to sociology. In psychology, overall rankings are provided for the top 5 of 176 Ph.D. programs. Rankings for the top programs in clinical psychology, experimental psychology, developmental psychology, cognitive psychology and industrial/organizational psychology are provided.
- Comparison of ratings. This table compares the ratings reported by U.S. News, the NRC and Gourman for top Ph.D. programs in psychology.
- 2010 NRC Rankings. The National Research Council released the Data-Based Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs in September, 2010. The report consists of comprehensive data on characteristics and ranges of rankings for over 5000 programs in 62 fields at 212 institutions. Psychology was one of the 62 fields considered. This interactive list allows you to sort 235 Ph.D. granting programs in psychology along five different dimensions.
- Clinical Psychology Doctoral Programs in the United States and Canada. This page contains a comprehensive listing of and links to 183 doctoral clinical psychology programs (Ph.D., Psy.D., Ed.D.). The schools are rank-ordered according to average scores on the examination for professional practice in psychology for students graduating between 1988 and 1995. The Gourman Report Rankings of Programs in Clinical Psychology contains links to 24 top clinical psychology Ph.D. programs ranked in quality according to the Princeton Review’s “Gourman Report of Graduate Programs” (8th edition, 1997).
- Graduate Programs in Social Psychology. This site provides links to numerous Ph.D. programs in social psychology. The links are listed in alphabetical order. The Gourman Report Rankings of Programs in Social Psychology contains links to 32 top social psychology Ph.D. programs ranked in quality according to the Princeton Review’s “Gourman Report of Graduate Programs” (8th edition, 1997).
- Graduate Programs in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. This site provides brief descriptions of all M.A. and Ph.D. programs in industrial and organizational psychology in the United States. Gateway to I/O Programs provides links to many graduate programs in industrial and organizational psychology. The links are in alphabetical order. The Gourman Report Rankings of Programs in I/O Psychology contains links to 17 top I/O psychology Ph.D. programs ranked in quality according to the Princeton Review’s “Gourman Report of Graduate Programs” (8th edition, 1997).
- Developmental Psychology. Graduate Study in Developmental Psychology -- provides general information about graduate education in developmental psychology. Graduate Development Programs -- maintained by Division 7 of the APA, provides an alphabetized list of graduate programs in developmental psychology.
Graduate Record Examinations Program, Educational Testing Service. This site provides information about the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) program. Most graduate programs expect applicants to submit scores from the general test of the GRE. The general test measures developed verbal, quantitative and analytical abilities. Some programs expect applicants to submit score from the subject test which measures achievement in a specific field, such as psychology. Psychology Ph.D. programs, specific fields Graduate Record Examinations (GRE).